Skip to main content

Easy Beef Enchiladas

This is completely my recipe.  Some recipes, I make based loosely off of other recipes.  My problem is I don't normally measure things like spices and cheese.  When you add the spices, use as much or as little as you would like.  Just be careful not to go overboard.

Easy Beef Enchiladas




















Ingredients

Flour tortillas
1 lb ground beef
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
Mozzerella cheese, shredded
Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can enchilada sauce
garlic powder
beau monde
cumin
paprika
chili powder
pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute the onion and green pepper in the EVOO.  When done, add the ground beef, garlic powder, beau monde, cumin, paprika, chili powder and pepper.  Cook until meat is browned and drain off the grease.  Add about 1/5th of the can of enchilada sauce to the meat mixture and stir.
Warm up the tortillas.
Put meat mixture into the center of the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Roll up the tortillas and place them into a baking dish.  Poor the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top and cover with cheddar cheese.
Put lid on container or cover with foil.  Cook for 20 minutes covered.  Remove lid or foil and cook for another 10 minutes.  Let cool and serve.

I like to serve it with rice, fat free re fried beans, chips, and fruit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...