Skip to main content

Chicken and Potato Casserole

I was in the mood for some comfort food tonight, so I came up with a super easy and really tasty meal.

Chicken and Potato Casserole





















Ingredients:

3 Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
8 Potatoes ( I used yukon gold)
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 tbsp butter, melted
garlic powder
salt
pepper
beau monde  (this is one of my favorite spices)
canola oil

Directions:

Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.  Season the chicken with beau monde, and garlic powder.
Cover the bottom of a skillet with canola oil and put over medium heat.  Once hot, add the chicken and fry until fully cooked.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Chop the onion, and cut up the potatoes into bite sized pieces.
Put the onion, potatoes, and chicken into a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter, sour cream, 1/2 of the cheese, some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and beau monde.
Add the sour cream mixture to the chicken and potato mix.  Mix well to coat the chicken and potatoes.
Pour into a 9x13 baking dish and cook for an hour or until the potatoes are fully cooked.  Sprinkle the left over cheese on the top and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.



I served it with some corn and fruit cocktail.  It was so delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it and my belly is still full.

Comments

Mari said…
Yum! This looks really good and I happen to have chicken and potatoes in the house. I need to get some of that seasoning though. I've never used it before!
Thanks for sharing this one!
Liz said…
I love that seasoning. It's so good. I always use it in my scrambled eggs too.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...