Skip to main content

Busy busy busy

We've been busy little bees in our not new, but improved hive.

Over the last week, we have cleaned our office and our garage.  We spent the weekend with family, and even went to the KU game on Wednesday night.  I'm telling ya.  There has been no time for blogging.  Last night and this morning I've been playing catch up with the internet world.

So, the work on our house has been our big achievement of the past month.  I've showed you the kids bedroom and our bedroom, while there is still work to be done on both (things for the walls) they are mostly done.  This last week, we did the office, bathroom and garage.

The bathroom was quick and easy since it's already pretty organized.  I added some art work and we put in a rug and it looks like a huge transformation.





The office was a junk room.  It was the room that if you had something you didn't know what to do with, you threw it in there.  Well, not anymore!  It's a nice, functioning office/craft room.  I wish I had a before picture to show you because it really came along way.





Lastly, the garage!  It was a rough project that took us a couple of days.  I took pictures, but they don't do it any justice, so I'll wait to take new ones until after my brother in law picks up our old tv, and we move the old refrigerator out on trash day.

Here is our trash pile, out in front of our house.  It's all from the garage and it's not including the 3 to 4 car trips with bags of clothes for donation to the planet aid bins.


Now, I have to get everything ready for Sydney's birthday which means lots of laundry today since we weren't home all weekend.


Comments

Erin Branscom said…
I found your blog and became a follower! :) I did a search for stay at home moms because I am looking at staying home and wanted to read other moms blogs who stay home to get ideas. :) Love your blog! Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com
Liz said…
Thank you for following! I'm glad you like my blog! I love staying at home with my kids. I always say, that it's the hardest job I've ever done but also the most fun and rewarding.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...