Skip to main content

Sydney's Birthday

Here's a post that is definitely past due.  Sydney's birthday was on the 9th of March.  We had hyped up her birthday as much as we possibly could and boy was she excited when it finally got here.

The party started the night before Sydney's birthday when the kids helped Shawn mix the cake batter.


Then it was my turn.  I saw on a friend's Facebook page, a picture of this amazingly colorful birthday cake.  I decided to do that for Sydney and it turned out awesome!



On the morning of Sydney's birthday she got to open a couple of presents.


Shawn worked from home that day so he was able to spend the day with the birthday girl too, even though he still had to work.

I decorated the cake.


Then, everyone got bathed and we even did Sydney's hair, makeup, and nails.



Before leaving town, our friend Torren came over to ride with us and we picked up Shawn's Aunt Susie.  We headed to Kansas City to Shawn's parent's house.  As soon as we got there, Sydney was ready to open some presents.


We all went to one of our favorite mexican restaurants and the whole group was there.  Both Shawn's family and my family were there as well as our children's God Father Torren.





After dinner we went back to open more presents and do cake.






It was quite a birthday.  I think she had a good time.  She got to enjoy it with her family and friends.  She got lots of presents that included clothes, new bedding for her big girl bed, books, dolls, princess stuff, and dress up clothes.  My kids are completely spoiled by all of their loved ones.  And she had an awesome birthday cake, if I do say so myself.

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy birthday to Sydney! It looks like it was a great one.

Super cool cake! What flavor was it?
Liz said…
Thank you. It was just yellow cake mix with vanilla frosting. You make the cake mix and separate it into multiple bowls and mix each bowl with food coloring, then pour it into the cake pan in different places, then run a knife through it a couple of times to really swirl the colors a little. Super easy and so cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...