Skip to main content

Our Quickly Growing Family

Yup, our family is expanding by the minute, or so it feels.  I'm an aunt again!  Sunday night, we went to dinner, the whole family, and enjoyed our time together before my brother-in-law and his girlfriend (who I've considered a good friend, and sister for a while now) went to the hospital to be induced.

Monday morning, I was going to get up and get dressed, feed the kids, and then in the afternoon (when we all thought the baby would be coming) go to the hospital with someone watching the kids for me.  Well, I got a phone call at almost 9am saying that Morgan was dilating fast, and that I should hurry.  Well, hurry is what I did.  I called our great friend Torren and he came over to watch the kids.  I might add that he usually doesn't go to bed until only a few hours before the time I called him, so it really meant a lot that he came over to watch the kids.  I jumped in the car and drove about an hour or so to get to the hospital.

I hadn't been there very long before she had the urge to push and when they checked her, she was fully dilated.  My mother-in-law was nowhere near the hospital and she was wanted there.  The doctor wasn't even ready for her so they held off for a little bit, but then it was baby time.

Morgan was a pro, I was so proud of her.  At 11:19 Baby Leigha joined the world and our crazy family.





Julie didn't make in time for the birth, but when she and Andy did get there, they were beaming proud Grandparents.





She looks just like my brother-in-law, Chris.



The nurse taught Chris how to change a diaper.


They are such a beautiful family.
(I didn't take this family picture, but it is too perfect to not share)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...