Skip to main content

Lime Chicken with Pineapple

I have recently fallen in love all over again with my Southern Living Homestyle Cookbook.  I've cooked several amazing recipes out of it in the past week or two.  This one got a "my wife is the best cook on the planet" post from my husband on facebook.  That's always a nice feeling.  One thing I LOVE about using my own cookbooks, is the ability to make your own notes on the pages.


I did make a few adjustments to fit what I had on hand and because I cooked it inside.

Lime Chicken with Pineapple



4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tsp salt, divided
1 tsp pepper, divided
1 cup fresh lime juice, divided
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pineapple, cored and cut in slices lengthwise
1 orange, sliced thinly
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp lime zest

Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and flatten to about 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet or rolling pin.  Mine may have been a little thicker.  Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.

Whisk together the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, 3/4 cup lime juice, pineapple juice, and garlic in a medium bowl.  Place the chicken and lime mixture in a shallow bowl or large zip-top.  Cover or seal, and chill for 2 or more hours.

Drain chicken, discarding marinade.  Cook in a skillet (I used cast iron) on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, while covered with a lid.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Cook pineapple and orange slices, in the skillet, for a few minutes on each side, watching to prevent burning.  chop the pineapple, peel the orange slices, and place in a medium bowl.  Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, honey and lime rind.  Serve over the chicken.


Comments

Sandra said…
Yum, that looks so good, I'll have to try it :)

I too have been using my old cookbooks and love it :)
Liz said…
It is soooooo good! I hope you like it!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...