Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Oh boy I'm late today, but better late than never I suppose.

  

As I look outside my window:::
This morning it was warm and beautiful.  Took Ben to the Dr. at 11:45 and it was 65 degrees.  We came out an hour later and it was 15 degrees cooler.  We grabbed ice cream, came home ate lunch and I went outside to get the Halloween decorations down and it was sleeting on me.



Right now I am::: 
Supposed to be folding laundry... but I'm typing my blog and watching this weekend's Good Luck Charlie with Sydney.

Thinking and pondering:::
I could really use some sleep.

On my bedside table:::
Frozen by Sarah Nathan and Sela Roman (I'm reading it to the kids at bedtime)
The Duck Commander Family by Willie and Korie Robertson
The First American Cookbook A Facsimile of American Cookery, 1976 by Amelia Simmons

On my tv tonight:::
Bones
Sleepy Hallow
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Playing on the radio:::
Counting Stars by One Republic.  For some reason, I can't get this song out of my head, and I really like it.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Chili with cornbread
Tuesday - Beefy Cheesy Spaghetti Casserole
Wednesday - Loaded chicken and potatoes and homemade potatoes
Thursday - Stone Soup at Sydney's school and pizza after
Friday - 
Saturday - 
Sunday - 

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Dishes

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Ben's scarf

My simple pleasure:::
Crocheting by the fire watching a good movie.

Lesson learned the past week:::
Life isn't always fair, especially when it comes to your kids, and you just have to be there to help them get through the rough patches.  

Looking around the house:::
Ben and Rylie are asleep, dinner is on the stove, smelling amazing, and the washer and dryer are running.  Sydney and I are watching Good Luck Charlie.  There is a mountain of laundry in front of me to be folded.  

From the camera:::



On my prayer list:::
My poor Benny who can't seem to kick this ear infection.  He's in a lot of pain and I also just found out that due to his chronic ear infections he has failed his hearing test.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
May the bolts of your gates be iron and bronze; may your strength endure through all your days! Deuteronomy 33:25

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...