Skip to main content

Beef Pot Pie

 Do you watch Sister Wives? I sure do. Christine has always been my favorite, and the fact that she now has a cooking segment with TLC is my favorite. Here is her Beef Pot Pie recipe which I made for the family and we loved it.





Beef Pot Pie

  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tbsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 1/2 lbs stew meat
  • 2 tbsp avocado oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 5 small yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 packet brown gravy mix
  • 1 box double pie crusts, thawed

Combine the flour, garlic salt, and paprika in a large bowl. Pat the beef dry with paper towels and toss in the flour mixture to coat well.

Heat an instant pot on the saute setting and add 1 tbsp of the oil.  When the oil is hot, add half of the beef and brown on all sides.  Removed to a plate and repeat with the remaining oil and floured beef.

Once all of the beef is browned, add it back to the pot with the onions, potatoes, carrots and any remaining flour in the bowl. Mix the water and gravy packet until smooth, pour over everything and mix well. Seal the instant pot and set to High Pressure for 35 minutes and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes after.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Unroll the pie crusts and place 1 in a pie plate. Spoon in enough filling to fill the crust. Unroll and turn the other pie crust onto the pie and crimp the edges together. Cut 4-5 small slits in the top crust with a paring knife. Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips and bake until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Let cool on a a rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...