Skip to main content

Ben's bizarre tantrums...

Last night, when Shawn and Ben picked me up from work, they brought the library books with them that needed to go back.  We figured we'd just put them in the drop off box.  Ben did fine as we drove through the parking lot, but when Shawn got out at the box to return the books, Ben flipped his lid.  It took us a little while to figure out exactly what he was so upset about but apparently he wanted to go the library and of course it had just closed.  We were supposed to go this week but didn't because of the weather and car situation.  We are borrowing Shawn's brother's Blazer, the gas guzzling beast, and I refuse to try to drive it.  I know that may sound silly but I drive a little tiny Pontiac Sunfire and have never driven anything as big as that Blazer and I'm scared of killing someone.  I can hardly climb into it as I get larger anyway.  And then you add the snow and ice to it and I just really didn't think Ben needed to go to the library that bad.  We just bought a book this last weekend anyway that has 18 Disney Christmas stories anyway and with reading 1-2 of those a day, I didn't think picking out new books was a top priority for him.  I guess I was wrong.  Ben screamed and cried the whole way home from the library.  Finally Shawn and I got him calmed down by telling him we'd all go as a family on Saturday.  Does anyone else go through these similar situations where the tantrum seems it's over something silly?  How do you deal with it or reach a compromise?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...