Skip to main content

Creamy Rotini with Ham and Asparagus

This recipe came from Full Bellies, Happy Kids.  This is a blog that if you love food or cooking, you HAVE to check it out.  Her amazing recipes mixed with her wowing photography leaves your mouth watering in just seconds after going to her blog.  We've tried a few recipes from here and plan on doing many more.


This is one we all enjoyed.  Ben picked out the asparagus, but ate the rest.  I consider it a win.


Creamy Rotini with Ham and Asparagus






Ingredients:


1 package Tri-Color rotini
Ham, diced (amount will depend on how much or little you want)
2 small shallots, diced
Asparagus, cut into thirds
olive oil
salt and pepper
garlic powder
2 cups heavy cream
1 tbsp flour
shredded cheese



Directions:


Cook rotini according to the directions on the package.  Drain and pour into a casserole or baking dish.
Drizzle some olive oil into a skillet.  Add the asparagus, ham and shallots and cook until the asparagus is cooked through but still has a little crunch.  Add the spices.  Just put in however much you like.
Cook for about a minute then add the heavy cream.
Stir well and let it heat through.  Whisk in the flour and let it heat a little longer to let the sauce thicken.
Remove from heat and add to the pasta.  Mix well.
Put shredded cheese on top and place under the broiler until the cheese melts and begins to turn brown.
Serve immediately.



Comments

Unknown said…
Boy does that look good! Definitely a "will try"!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...