Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Finally getting this posted.  I've been working on it all day and keep getting side tracked.

www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Starbucks!  Iced mocha, a peach green tea lemonade, a bacon egg and gouda sandwich, and an almond blossom.

On today's to do list::::

  1. Laundry
  2. Make beds
  3. Pick up Maya from Kansas City
  4. Dance class for Sydney

Currently reading::::
Game of Thrones by George R R Martin.  I wish I had more opportunity to read.  These are giant books, and sooo good, I just don't have much time to read.


On the TV today::::
Maybe some Life Unexpected, maybe some Switched at Birth.

The weather outside is::::
Sunny and beautiful!



On the menu this week::::


Monday
L:  Salad and left overs
D:  
Tuesday
L:  Frozen Pizza
D: Grilled Cheese
Wednesday
L:  
D:  
Thursday
L:  
D:  
Friday
L:  
D:  
Saturday
L:  
D: 
Sunday
L:  
D: 


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Read


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I just bought a Trisha Yearwood cookbook called Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen and I have an Amish cookbook I got for my birthday and can't wait to cook from.


In the garden::::
My mint is growing at an amazing pace.


Favorite photo from the camera::::





Homemaking Tip::::
I don't have one this week.


Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
I just started going back and rereading my old blogs.  It's interesting to see what life was like back when we only had 1 child. 

Praying for::::
The family and close friends of a friend of mine from highschool who lost her battle with cancer.
My husband as he travels this week. 
Myself to keep my sanity as we settle into our new schedule with school, dance, soccer, etc.


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::
What, then, shall we say in response to this?  If God is for us, who can be against us? ~ Romans 8:31

Some days, when everything is stressful, and I feel that the world isn't on my side, I just need to hear that.

Comments

Sandra said…
I have both of those cookbooks and love them. Trisha Yearwood has amazing recipes and so does the Amish one :)

Love the picture of the horse, so cute.

I hope you have a really good week and that Ben is still enjoying his first few days of school in first grade :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...