Skip to main content

Bloody Good Steak

Ok, so I'm new at the steak thing. I mean not new at eating it, or even grilling it, but when it comes to cooking steak inside my home, I'm so clueless.  Ok, so I fibbed a little there because I don't grill it either, my husband does that for me.  Either way, I don't really cook steaks but I saw these gorgeous flank steaks at the shop and just had to have them.  Not ideal cuts I know, but trust me.  I should have photographed them raw, because they were so lovely I just couldn't pass them up.  After looking through pinterest for a way to cook them, I came across this recipe for Bloody Good Steak. And it was quite good!

Bloody Good Steak


1 slab of flank steak
2 tbsp black peppercorns
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
Balsamic Vinegar

Place peppercorns in a plastic bag and smash with a hammer until they are coarsely crushed. (Ok, I cheated here.  I have 3 settings on my pepper grinder and just set it on the biggest setting.)
Drizzle olive oil and salt on both sides of the steak and then rub with the peppercorns.
Heat a cast iron skillet until hot (not too hot or you have a lovely smoke filled house and multiple smoke detectors going off through out your entire two story home...)  Cook meat on both sides 3-4 minutes or so depending on size of meat. Meat should be well browned but still rare and soft to the touch when pressed.
Remove steak and drizzle liberally on both sides with vinegar.  Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...