Skip to main content

Another Rough Day

Today was and still is a struggle.  Last night, we were up later than the kids should have been.  I know, I'm to blame.  I knew last night that today would be rough.  I didn't realize it would be this bad. I'm on the verge of shutting myself in my room with a giant glass of wine and crying my eyes out while the children fend for themselves downstairs.  I'm not going to, but boy do I want to.

The days have to get better right?  This is just a rough patch, please tell me this is just a rough patch!

Rylie refuses to eat anything I cook.  I know what you mom's are thinking.  She'll eat when she's hungry.  Nope, really she won't.  She cries for something else, something specific.  I love my kids but I'm not making everybody a separate meal. I know, the easy thing would be to just clear the table and then, come time for the next meal, she'll eat.  Can I really send a kid to school without eating, if I know she's hungry?

Today, my five year old invited a friend over without my permission.  It put me on the spot and I should have said no, but I didn't.  That's something I have to live with.  I had plans to lounge around and do a craft and watch a movie or two.  I told them that this morning, but it was no good. Her friend is a sweet girl who was very well behaved, but Sydney felt the need to act out in front of her friend which I wasn't thrilled with. I don't mind the kids having friends over either, I just wanted one day with nothing to do, and today was perfect since it was rainy and cold. Well, we didn't get a craft in or a movie.

The fighting between the kids is beyond what I can handle right now.  Today, Ben had toys on the couch that he wasn't playing with at all.  In fact he was playing in another part of the house, came out to find Rylie playing with the toys he abandoned, so he took them from her and pushed her, not once but twice to the floor. I jumped in and corrected him, or so I thought, but then he started yelling that he'd hurt her if she touched it again. This kind of stuff happens nonstop here and I don't know what to do.  I've tried times outs and grounding them, taking away iPads, video games, tv, and legos. I am so tired of yelling and after yesterday and today, my voice is mostly gone.  No, I'm not sick, just yelling at my kids.

I don't want to be the mom that yells at her kids.  I really don't and to be honest, it doesn't do any good when I do it. Why is it that when I get to yelling and then can't stop, if it doesn't help and doesn't make me feel any better either?

Alright, bed time is here and Ben is finishing up homework.  Wish me luck for a better day tomorrow.  I can't handle too many more of these days.  I already threaten them with me getting a job and the kids going to a daycare that will keep them separate from each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and