Skip to main content

Things To Be Thankful For

I had a huge post typed up. Just angry ramblings from a mom who has had a very long and rough week.  When I sat back down to add to it, I thought I am such a whiner! I deleted that entire post, and I think instead I will post about what good things and blessings I have in my life.


  • My and my family's health - Despite the cold that I've had continuously had since Thanksgiving and everyone else has had off and on all season, and the Norovirus we had right after christmas, we are all very healthy in the whole scheme of things.
  • A roof over our heads - Who cares if I feel it isn't big enough or is always a mess.  Having a place to call home and keep us safe from the elements.
  • Food in our bellies - We always have an over abundance of food in our home.  I'm often heard saying "There is no food in our house!" but that really just means, as I'm sure most of you can understand, There is nothing I want to eat here. My kids thankfully have only gone to bed with hungry tummies because they didn't want to eat the dinner that was cooked for them.
  • My kids - They drive me nuts quite often, but even on the worst days, I wouldn't trade them for the world.
  • Getting to stay home with my kids - This is a big one. Sometimes I think life would be easier if I would just get a job.  We'd have more money, I may have more patience for the kids, but I don't know that I would do well at a job outside of the home.  I'd spend my days thinking of the kids, worrying about them, and missing them.  I'd spending my evenings struggling to catch up on the house work, and eating fast food since I wouldn't have time to cook, and the kids wouldn't get to do all of the extra curricular activities they do, since there wouldn't be anyone to drive them back and forth. Really though, it's not just more convenient for me to be home, it's a privilege as well.
  • Old friends - I've got a couple of really good old friends. Some don't live as close as others and aren't seen very often, but I can always rely on them for good advice, cheering up with a good laugh, or just someone to talk to when I'm bored or need adult conversation. 
  • New friends - Over the past year or two, I've really made some good new friends. Whether I've met them at the kids schools, or through blogging and vlogging, I really feel like there are some amazing friends who are always there to offer advice, encouragement, a laugh or two, and just someone to chit chat with.
  • My husband - He may not always get me, but he tries.  He helps out so much with the kids, and fully supports us here, financially, physically, and emotionally.  I can't possibly say enough great things about the wonderful man I somehow got so lucky to marry.
  • My family - Both my family, and my in-law family, are full of such wonderful people.  We may not always agree on things but we're always there for each other when each other needs it, and that's pretty amazing. It's nice to have such a big circle of loved ones.
I'm sure there are more things I'm thankful for but I have to go now to drive one of my lovely children to dance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and