Skip to main content

Petty

This evening our sweet little Petty went to Kitty Heaven.  The cancer had spread to her brain, causing her to have odd behaviors.  The tumor in her mouth, or the side of her face, had pulled down her ear canal on that side and caused her eye to twitch, which the vet said caused constant vertigo.  The cancer had also spread to her intestines causing her to loose control of her bowels and bladder and she was bleeding internally.  While she didn't appear to be suffering, there is no way that she wasn't.  We sadly had to have her put down.



Yes, I'm meowing at her in the video.  Sometimes she would answer when you would do that, but she would always come to you.

She was such a cute little love bug.  I named her Perpetua, from the Bridget Jones movies, and later we shortened it to Petty, just because we are a family of nicknames.  I remember when we first got her and she was so tiny.  She looked like a lemur and she was all black with a couple of white hairs on her chest.  She would scratch and scratch and scratch her chest, right where those white hairs were causing all of the hair to fallout in a spot about the size of a dime.  She was always cuddling us, and never was one of those I'm not into people right now kind of cat.

Here's a picture of her a few months after we got her:



Today was filled with lots of tears, kitty cuddling, spoiling her with warm milk and lunch meat, and taking lots of pictures.




I'm thinking of having these pictures printed at Walmart so I can hang them on the wall.  We have all been really sad all day, but we knew for two months that this day was coming.

Comments

Shawn said…
She was the best cat. Thanks for posting this, honey.
Cassie said…
Sorry about your Petty. We had a cat named Jinx that had to be put down for very similar reasons. Tumor in the brain, pressure on sinuses and eyes, drooling etc. Just remember, cats have 9 lives and your Petty may come back tomorrow and bless somebody else's family with her presence. Hand in there.
Sandra said…
I am so very sorry Liz :( It is never easy losing a family pet.

I'm not a cat lover at all, actually allergic to them, but this post brought tears to my eyes :(

She was so cute. Glad she isn't suffering anymore.

Praying for you all through this difficult time.
Heather Ortega said…
I am so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful cat.
Liz said…
Thank you everyone. It means a lot. She was really my first baby. I had her before I had kids and while we had another cat when we got her, the other cat was really Shawn's and didn't care for me to much. Also, she didn't like the sharing of space and attention when Ben was born so she went to live with Shawn's parents. Petty had always been there, and been loyal to all of us, even the kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...