Skip to main content

A Quick Stop In

It's late and I'm exhausted from a busy day at home.  I just thought I would stop in real quick.  Ben and Rylie have been sick this weekend and now I can't tell if I'm coming down with it or if I'm having other issues.  I have had an awful headache for days.  Now I'm having pains that are like menstrual cramps only worse.  It's excruciating and if it doesn't get any better, I may be calling my OB.

We got up this morning and I started cleaning the house.  The house wasn't too bad, but there was a lot of little things that needed to be done.  I put on my apron, and to work I went, sweeping, washing dishes, etc.

The kids were snuggling up Harley.  Ben has been afraid to hold her because of her claws so I taught him the correct way to hold her and he was surprised it was so easy.  He's so gentle.


We recently moved our bedroom downstairs into the kids room, and the kids into their old playroom.  It's working out better for us since our kids are so little.  It definitely makes us all feel better.  The screen on the kids TV went out.  We kept their TV in our room since they use their iPads most of the time.  No TV in the bedroom sucks for me since I have a tendency to be up at weird hours, with the kids.

This afternoon, Shawn moved our TV from upstairs, down to our new bedroom.  Thank goodness!!!


I still have so much decorating to do in our bedroom, but I have to find the time to get crafty.

Today was my nephew, Payton's, 1st birthday.  We were so excited to go to his party until yesterday when both Ben and Rylie came down with whatever this awful thing is.  They have headaches, sore throats, and upset stomachs.  They are sleeping a lot though, so hopefully they get over it quickly.

Shawn's sister moved today.  I'm excited for her and her new place and can't wait to see it as soon as everyone is healthy again.  His parents were helping her move and then stopped by to check on the kiddos.  We had a nice little tea time where I was able to use my new tea pot I bought with a gift card I got for my birthday.  I was so excited.


Dinner was just kind of a throw something together thing, since we weren't originally planning on being home for dinner, nobody felt well, and we had a great lunch of chocolate chip pancakes around 2ish.  I have to tell you, my husband makes great chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes. YUM!  For dinner we just did a box mac and cheese for the kids and Shawn and I ate his diet meals.

Shawn is still in school.  All of his classes are online and everything for the week is due on Sunday nights so he had school assignments to do.  He went out to the table on the front patio to do school and the kids and I came into my room.  I set a pallet on the floor for the kids and let them pick a movie (Hannah Montana) and we laid in here watching it before bed.


Now the kids lay there sleeping.  Shawn will move them to their beds when he comes to bed later. I need to head to bed, since I'm sure they'll be up bright and early.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...