Skip to main content

Grilled Herb Chicken Breasts

When my husband is at work, sometimes he goes out to eat with coworkers to some of the restaurants I don't get to because I always have the kids...  Like Nordstrom Cafe (inside the Nordstrom store) among many others.  While we visit the nicer restaurants every now and then when we get a date night.  While he was enjoying a salad, and by enjoying I mean that he came home bragging about how good it was, he thought of me and bought me the Nordstrom Family Table Cookbook.  This is the first recipe we tried from the cookbook but because it was so hot we didn't want to heat up the house so we changed the recipe from roasting to grilling.  Hey it's summer time.

Grilled Herb Chicken Breasts



4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Lemon

Pound the chicken flat between two pieces of plastic wrap until about 1/2 inch thick. Whisk together the basil, oil, oregano, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly with the mixture.  Place in a gallon baggie and seal.  Refrigerate it, turning occasionally, for 1-3 hours.  Grill until cooked through.  Put on a platter and cut the lemon in half.  Squeeze both halves of the lemon over the chicken and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...