Skip to main content

Packing or Not

Today, I'm supposed to be packing my bags for my trip to South Carolina tomorrow.  I, however, am a monster procrastinator. Guess what I have packed so far? Absolutely nothing! I mean seriously, my bag is sitting empty, collapsed, and upside down on the desk behind my computer, I'm literally looking at it. Scowling at it rather. Did I mention I hate packing?

I'm going to take this time, when I should be packing to talk to you a little about me.  I have anxiety. Anxiety in that I don't like to do things outside of my comfort zone, which is pretty much anything outside of my routine. When I say, I don't like to do these things, I mean it makes me really nervous and sick to my stomach. It stresses me out and triggers my IBS. That's what this trip is doing to me. I'm so stressed and sick just thinking about traveling without my husband and children.  They are my security blanket.

I'm going to be without my kids, my world, for FOUR WHOLE DAYS! I've never done this before. This is normal for Shawn, as he travels a lot for work, but he assures me that the way I'm feeling right now, is exactly how he feels before he leaves for every single trip.

I'm going to try to make the best of this trip. I'm going to try and enjoy myself and be present in every step. I plan to take plenty of videos and photos. I'll be with my mom and sister and the whole trip is to watch my brother graduate from basic.

Alright, since I started this post, I've gotten lots of work done on videos, picked kids up from school, taken kids to dance and an art class, and now have helped kids with filling out cards to mail out for their school magazine sale fundraiser.  I've even figured out with Shawn that we are ordering pizza for dinner.  Guess what I haven't done... Packed a single item.

Alright, I need to get working. Or at least enjoy some more snuggles with my babies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...