Skip to main content

Jambalaya

Fat Tuesday called for some yummy Jambalaya.  I however had never made it before.  My mom perfected it years ago and a lot of the time we'd get together and eat hers. Some years when we weren't able to get together for Fat Tuesday, we'd go without, or order food. This year, I was going to make my own and Shawn was into the idea.  Recipe 6/52 for 2017 turned out to be an awesome Jambalaya. My mom even said she wants my recipe. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.

Jambalaya



2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup long grain white rice
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp hot sauce (I actually added more because I read a lot of the reviews and this was the number one complaint)
1 bay leaf
2/3 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
2/3 cup cooked crumbled Italian sausage (I used andouille sausage because, duh!)
2/3 cup shrimp, cooked and peeled

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery, and green pepper; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and rice; season with basil garlic powder, hot sauce, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then turn the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is done, about 20 minutes.

Once the rice has cooked, stir in the chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Simmer for a few minutes until heated through. Remove bay leaf before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...