Skip to main content

King's Cage - Book Review

The 3rd book I read for my 24 books in 2017 is King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard.


King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard
Hardcover: 528 pages  Publisher: HarperTeen (February 7, 2017)

So a year ago, my sister-in-law got me hooked on the Red Queen series. It was about the time the 2nd book came out. I read through the first one, bought the 2nd one on my kindle the moment I finished the first, and then bought the two novellas the second I finished the 2nd book. Then, I had to wait a whole year for this book to come out.

This book starts out with Mare Borrow trapped as Maven Calore's prisoner. He takes away her powers with silent stone and is on a mission to control his country even if it means betraying people who have been loyal to him. Meanwhile Cal and the other new bloods are trying to figure out how to get Mare back as well as prepare for the impending war.

King's Cage was so good. I love the suspense and how easy it is to be invested in the characters. This book picked up right where the last one left off.  I like that it tells the point of view through the character's eyes and you can see all the different sides of the story. Seeing the story through the character's eyes helped me get invested in a character I hated, and a character I probably wouldn't have thought too much about if it weren't done this way. It made your emotions through the story more conflicted and more confusing.

I would definitely recommend this book to any of my friends but you have to read Red Queen and Glass Sword first.

The one thing I wasn't crazy about was the ending. I won't say what happened, only that I was super disappointed in the characters' decisions. I hope it will all be resolved in the next book, because I finished this book in tears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...