Skip to main content

Family Vacation Post Two...

Ok, I'm finally getting the opportunity to sit down and do my second vacation post.  You can view the first one here if you missed it.

So, Monday we went to the beach.  It was a nice, mostly overcast day.  Don't think those clouds fooled us though.  Being the pale family we are, we stopped to buy sunscreen anyway.  None of us managed to get burnt at all.  Woohoo!

I had memories of Galveston being a little dirty, but I never had bad memories of it.  Everyone told us before going how gross the beach is.  While it is no Bahamas, it is quite beautiful.  My Aunt Marci said that the hurricane a few years ago cleaned it up quite a bit.  The sand felt like powder, and the beach smelled of wonderful salt water.  It was everything you want a beach to be and we really had a good time.  The kids had never seen the ocean before and only knew what they see on TV.


Aunt Marci and Uncle John rented an umbrella so that little Rylie would be protected from the sun.  We set up a blanket and towels as well as all the beach toys they bought the kiddos and then went out to enjoy the beach.


The kids liked sitting in the very shallow water and feeling the little waves wash over their toes, at first... but before long the novelty wore off and they were ready for deeper water which scared me.


My husband is a giant kid.  It's really a good thing.



About 8 years ago, when we were in Daytona, we buried Shawn at the beach.  This time, Shawn buried Ben.  I thought he would freak out as he really started getting packed down with sand, but he thought it was so funny.  He just didn't like that the sun was in his eyes.




Even Rylie enjoyed the beach.  She liked the water and the breeze and watching her brother and sister play in the sad.




We even got to see a shrimp boat.  The kids really enjoyed it.


Shawn helped the kids make an awesome sandcastle with the toys that Aunt Marci bought them.  This might be my favorite picture from the trip to beach.


The kids made some friends on the beach.  People in Texas are really friendly.


Before we left the beach, we made sure to collect some sand and shells to take home.



After we left the beach we went back to the house to get cleaned up.  The kids and I took one big group shower, which was an accomplishment all on it's own.

After getting cleaned up, we went to eat dinner at a really yummy and really nice restaurant called Little Pappasitos Cantina. Then, to top off the wonderful day, we went to get pies at House Of Pies.






This might have been my favorite day of being in Texas.  It was a very relaxed and fun day that we spent together as a family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...