Skip to main content

Prepping For Vacation

This week has been a blur of time flying and all kinds of emotions.  I'm not going to bring drama to my blog, it already happened with Facebook, but I will say that I don't think my family will ever be the same again, and maybe, just maybe that's for the best.  We could use all the prayers or positive energy we can get though.

Our weekend started Friday with a trip to Topeka for lunch at Cracker Barrel with my Grandpa and my Uncle Chris.  It was so nice to see them.  I really want my kids to know them and have them for support as well.





After lunch, we went to Kansas City to spend some time with Shawn's mom.  We went to visit Julie's mom at her office and the kids fell in love with this really creepy looking doll that was there.  It was about the same size as Sydney and they were wrestling with it and dancing with it and calling it Sydney's boyfriend.




That evening after dinner, we went to the fair with Kelly (Shawn's sister) and let the kids ride some rides after seeing the animals.












Saturday, my sister had her baby.  A boy named Payton Scott.  I didn't get to go up and see him though as drama began.




We had lunch with some friends that we hadn't seen in so long.  It was so nice seeing them and reminded us that we need to get together with them more often.

That afternoon, we went swimming as a whole big group.  It was fun with all of the family in the pool.  We made a huge whirlpool and then Shawn, Chris, and Kelly were doing some funny climbing on each other.





Sunday we had pretty much just a lazy day.  We hung out at the house Shawn napping, me reading, and the kids napping and playing, until we decided to go to Kansas City for dinner and then some swimming.

Monday, all hell broke loose with my family and most of the day is a blur to me.  I do know, that in the evening, we made our own laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent.



Tuesday was pretty much a normal day, but in the evening, we got the opportunity to take our kids to their first Royals game with Andy (Shawn's Dad).  We had such a good time and the kids sat much longer than I thought they would.  The best part is, the Royals actually won!!!














Today, has been a crazy day full of cleaning and prepping dinner for tonight and tomorrow.  Tonight, we're packing our bags because tomorrow evening we leave for Texas!  I'm so excited.  We reserved a rental car and have purchased tickets to all kinds of fun things.  Also, and possibly the best part of this whole vacation, we are staying with and visiting some family that we hardly ever get to see and I'm thrilled!  If I'm MIA for awhile, now you know why.  Be prepared for big posts full of pictures possibly while we're on vacation, but for sure when we come home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...