Skip to main content

Open House

My little man is growing up!  Ben starts pre-school next week.  Expect a sad and sappy post from me sometime next week.

Today, was the open house at his school so we got to meet his teachers, see his classroom, play outside at the recess place, meet some classmates and their families, do puzzles, color, and of course, we got to meet the class pet Sylvie. She's as guinea pig.  Ben thought she was hamster at first.  I had to explain that she's like a hamster but much, much bigger.

This was in the hallway outside the classroom, before we went inside.  Of course Sydney had to get in the picture.  You can't take a picture unless it has Syd in it, here.  Hahaha!  You can see the excitement on Ben's face.


The second we stepped inside, he got super shy.  It took a little bit to wear the shyness off.  We went to look at Sylvie the guinea pig and then he met another kid in his class who turns five the day before Ben does.  Those boys went and worked a dinosaur puzzle together, and Ben's shyness had worn away.  Soon he was running and playing with other kids all over the place, and Sydney was not far behind.  She thinks she's big like he is.

I think Ben starting school will be more difficult for Sydney than anyone else.  She's never really been away from Ben and she uses him as a comfort item, especially as we've pretty much gotten rid of the Ninny (pacifier) and she's needed something or someone else to rely on.  We'll have to wait and see.

Expect lots of posts, filled with Ben's school projects and what he's doing.  After all, I am a proud and bragging mom.  I feel like Ben starting school will help get him the attention and opportunities that he needs since he's so quiet at home and often is overshadowed by Sydney's gregarious personality.

We were at the open house for quite a while, when Rylie started to get fussy, as babies often do when they get hungry.  I told Ben we needed to leave and he got very upset.  He did not want to leave.  We were there longer than a lot of other families and Rylie was not only fussy but starting to get really heavy.  His teachers were trying to make him happy by telling him he gets to come back next week.  Nothing worked because he didn't really want to leave, but finally we made it out of there with only a minimum amount of tears and no major tantrums.

I think Ben will do great and to be honest, I'm a little a jealous because he's going to do so much fun stuff that I wish I could do too.  I guess that's the life of a parent, right?  Being excited for your kids and wishing you could do all the cool stuff they are.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...