Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday



The past couple of days have been a blur of craziness.  I'm hoping that with the new week, I'll get a little time to rest to fully recover from the pneumonia I had/have.


The Weather:::
Today is cold but by the end of the week it will hopefully be warming up.  





Right now I am: 
Sitting comfully on my couch. Yes, I'm aware that isn't a real word but it seems to fit.

Thinking:
I have so much to do to get this house back into order, and I'm dreading it.

On my reading pile:::
I need to hurry and finish The Widow of Larkspur Inn and Little house in the Big Woods.  Those are actually my projects for the week.

On my tv::: 
Today, probably very little.  I am that far behind on housework.  I do hope to watch season 3 of Downton Abbey ASAP and I have a lot of Ripper Street to catch up on.

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
I wish I had a blog to share but I've been so busy, between being sick and getting ready for Sydney's birthday, my blog reading has been very behind.

Something fun to share:::
I don't have anything fun to share today either.  I'll try to come more prepared next week.


On the menu for this week:::
My menu is up in the air since my grocery shopping has gotten behind and pay day is Friday.

Monday - Sausage and cheese frittata 
Tuesday - Hamburger steaks with sweet onion brown gravy, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts with bacon
Wednesday - BBQ chicken
Thursday -  Beefy Cheesy Spaghetti Casserole
Friday - 
Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Dishes
Clean the kitchen 
Floors
Dusting
Glass
Take the kids to Laugh Out Loud

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing specific at the moment.  I haven't had time for it.  Maybe I'll pick back up my hexagon blanket.

Homemaking Tips:::
I don't even have anything today.

Looking around the house:::
Rylie's toys and the library books are thrown around the living room, there are baskets of laundry waiting to be folded or washed in the hallway, there are dishes in the sink to be washed and piles of papers and things to be put away on the kitchen counters.  I'm actually freaking out just looking at it all.  Rylie is watching Mickey Mouse Club house while Ben plays on his iPad and Sydney listens and dances around to music on her new cd player.

From the camera:::

Daddy putting Sydney's new necklace on her after swimming for her birthday.



On my prayer list:::
My cousin Molly.  

Bible verse, Devotional:::
But as for me, I will look to the Lord, I will wait for God my savior; my God will hear me! ~ Micah 7:7

Comments

Unknown said…
Ah! Syd is so adorable!
Sandra said…
She is the cutest little thing, actually all of your kiddos are :)

I didn't know you had pneumonia, this is what happens when I leave Facebook. So sorry, hope you are well on your way to recovery.

Have a wonderful week Liz :)
Liz said…
Thank you ladies!

Sandra, I'd been fighting something for about a month and it got pretty bad almost two weeks ago. I finally went to the doctor after days of an awful cold and not being able to breath, only to find out that I had pneumonia. I was supposed to take it easy as well as take my meds, but that's not so easy when you have three kids and a birthday party to plan and do. I'm actually doing a lot better though.

Have a great week.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...