Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cold

Things that make me happy: 
Waking up to a clean house.


Book I'm reading:
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson and As Always, Julia the letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto by Joan Reardon.  Yes, still.



What's on my TV today: 
Harry's Law.  I missed last week (the pilot episode) but am super excited about tonight's.

On the menu for dinner:
Chicken and potato casserole, and steamed broccoli.


On my To Do List:
Folding laundry.



New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Banana Muffins



In the craft basket:
I think today, we may paint, but I also have some embroidery for the kids rooms I want to work on if I get the chance.


Looking forward to this week:
My organic fruit and veggies delivery.  This week we are getting some really fun veggies, I've never cooked before and don't think I've ever eaten before.


Tips and Tricks:
I don't have any at this time.

My favorite blog post this week: 
Applepocalypse - Snow + Dirt = Snirt
Her kids are so adorable that even though it sounds like they are bumming because of the weather (we are here too) you can't help but smile.
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Lesson learned the past few days:
There's no need to yell when disciplining your children.  They still don't hear you and you just end up with a head ache.


On my mind:
This laundry that is taunting me.  

Comments

Mary said…
I love waking up to a clean house too!
banana muffins sound yummy! as soon as I get my kitchen back in order I have a bunch of bananas in the freezer to use.
Feliz4life said…
Happy Homemaker Monday!
Sandra said…
I love your lesson learned, you are so right. Half the time you are the one that ends up frustrated and stressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...