Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cold and icy and it's supposed to snow...


Things that make me happy: 
Waking up and feeling the urge to be productive.  I just feel amazing when I get up and actually want to get things done around the house.


Book I'm reading:
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson



What's on my TV today: 
Harry's Law is on tonight and I'm super excited.  


On the menu for dinner:
mini penne with tomato and veggie sauce


On my To Do List:
Clean the room out to set up the kids bedroom
Laundry 



New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Taco Soup  I found this recipe on another blog and it looks amazing!


In the craft basket:
Wall decor for the kids bedroom


Looking forward to this week:
Hopefully getting the kids room done and ready to buy Ben's new bed, and get his big boy mattress here.



Tips and Tricks:
I don't have anything again this week, although I'm looking for tips and tricks to potty training.  Yes, I know, my 3 year old still isn't potty trained.  It's rough.


My favorite blog post this week: 
Peanut Allergy: never assume (again) 
It's hard being a parent of a peanut allergic child and she is great about posting her experiences for others to learn from.



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):





Lesson learned the past few days:
Well it's not really a lesson, but it's something to use as a reward for my kids (just Ben for now) but it's http://www.zoodles.com.  A friend told me about it this weekend and I've been checking it out and I like it!


On my mind:
Potty training my 3 year old.  I feel like we are having the hardest time.  

Comments

Leigha said…
Hi there! Happy Monday! I hopped on over from HHM. My son's were all 3 years old when they finally potty trained!!! My daughter was only 15 months though?? Weirdo! lol! #1 On his 3rd bday got big boy underwear and was not allowed to wear diapers anymore! #2 Was bribed into going on the big boy potty and #3 We did the 3 day challenge! It was miserable the first 5 hours, but then he realized I was serious! It worked like a charm! No accidents in the night either!!! Good Luck with the potty training :)
Feliz4life said…
Don't stress about the potty training. Eventually he will get it and all will be a memory:) There is no law that says he must be potty trained now..and even if it were I would break it! lol I potty trained my nephew and I just made sure he knew that i wanted him to but that it was his decision LOL sounds silly but about 6 months before he turned 4 he came up and said he wanted to go. He has been going alone ever since. Wipes good, never has wetted the bed....sometimes I think we feel pressure by what society says we should do. At the end of the day...is your child happy and healthy? Well then, you are a good mom!
Liz said…
Aww thank you ladies! I'm just ready to be back to one child in diapers. We put him in underwear and take him to the potty at least once every hour and I ask him about every 5 minutes if he has to go. I really can't complain too much. It's not been that bad, but I'm ready for this to be all over and have him using the potty without me asking every 5 minutes.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my br...

Blogmas 2014 - Day 8 What Is On Your Wish List This Year

Oh my goodness, I'm really pretty easy to buy for.  I have pretty much everything a girl could want.  I mean of course I have a few things but I'm not really counting on anything because I already got a huge gift of the new car. I really love scarves, especially infinity scarves right now.  I'm beyond obsessed.   Fun gadgets, appliances, etc for my kitchen are always a win for me as well as cookbooks and decorations.  I'm so into all of it, and it's the best go to gift idea for me. A nice pair of rain boots or wellies.  I just bought some for all of my kids for Christmas, and I've been dying for my own for years. Vera Bradley!  I'm so in love with Vera Bradley.  I'd like a bigger purse, as well as a library tote bag. And honestly I've not asked for any of even these things because what I want more than anything else in the world, is our own house.  I want to buy a house for my kids to grow up in an...

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with swee...