Skip to main content

Jeeze Louise!

Is it just me, or is time flying by so incredibly fast?  I keep thinking life is going to slow down, but it doesn't.  I know, that's probably very naive of me.  I'm beginning to believe life is always going to be like this, or even more busy as the children get older.  This weekend though, we found the time to work on the house.  These were things that I'd been wanting done since we moved in here in April.  I must say that my husband is a rock star!  When he gets started, he really knocks it out.  We've been working on turning our garage into a garage.  Right now it's filled with boxes.  The kids bedroom is not habitable, and the office has been packed with junk.  We've done a lot of work on the office, since Shawn got me a new desk last week.  I'm going to use it as a desk/sewing table.  I'm thrilled about it, and even more so about the fact that it's gotten our rears in gear with cleaning.


This was before the L piece was added.



















When we moved, we had so much trash.  We went through everything we'd been keeping boxed in the garage there.  At least we attempted to go through it all but there was so much and we were trying to go quickly.  Needless to say that after about two hours, we had 2 trash barrels full and a huge pile of things at the street.  Shawn made a trip to the donation box, and we still have so much left to go through.  I'm so excited at the thought of getting it done and making the entire house livable.

Saturday, we went to the park and spent an hour or so running and playing on the empty playground with Ben.  I'm sure he had a good time.  When there aren't other kids there for Ben to play with I try to make sure that I'm able to play on the toys with him so we can always have fun at the park.  That does leave poor Sydney in the stroller all by herself but I always have her in my sight and no more than a few feet away at any time.  Saturday, we wore Ben out at the park and in return, he wore us out.  We got back to the house and Shawn's parents were here.  We ended up going downtown and walking around, shopping, and then eating.  That evening Torren came over and we watched Robin Hood.  It was such a busy day but a blast none the less.

























I'm really behind on my postings.  I have 5 different crafts to post, and this little update has taken me 3 days to create.  I keep sitting down and then thinking I don't really have the words to tell you everything.  Maybe it's because we have so much going on that I can't seem to collect my thoughts on everything or my mind gets jumbled.  I originally started this blog to let my friends and family know what my family and I have been up to and all of our exciting news.  I also wanted to share my recipes and the crafts we do with other people who might be interested.  I'm finding that my time is extremely limited, but please know that while it may take a while for me to update sometimes, I will get it updated with everything.  I really enjoy this and feel good about the people I've inspired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and