Things To Be Thankful For
I had a huge post typed up. Just angry ramblings from a mom who has had a very long and rough week. When I sat back down to add to it, I thought I am such a whiner! I deleted that entire post, and I think instead I will post about what good things and blessings I have in my life.
- My and my family's health - Despite the cold that I've had continuously had since Thanksgiving and everyone else has had off and on all season, and the Norovirus we had right after christmas, we are all very healthy in the whole scheme of things.
- A roof over our heads - Who cares if I feel it isn't big enough or is always a mess. Having a place to call home and keep us safe from the elements.
- Food in our bellies - We always have an over abundance of food in our home. I'm often heard saying "There is no food in our house!" but that really just means, as I'm sure most of you can understand, There is nothing I want to eat here. My kids thankfully have only gone to bed with hungry tummies because they didn't want to eat the dinner that was cooked for them.
- My kids - They drive me nuts quite often, but even on the worst days, I wouldn't trade them for the world.
- Getting to stay home with my kids - This is a big one. Sometimes I think life would be easier if I would just get a job. We'd have more money, I may have more patience for the kids, but I don't know that I would do well at a job outside of the home. I'd spend my days thinking of the kids, worrying about them, and missing them. I'd spending my evenings struggling to catch up on the house work, and eating fast food since I wouldn't have time to cook, and the kids wouldn't get to do all of the extra curricular activities they do, since there wouldn't be anyone to drive them back and forth. Really though, it's not just more convenient for me to be home, it's a privilege as well.
- Old friends - I've got a couple of really good old friends. Some don't live as close as others and aren't seen very often, but I can always rely on them for good advice, cheering up with a good laugh, or just someone to talk to when I'm bored or need adult conversation.
- New friends - Over the past year or two, I've really made some good new friends. Whether I've met them at the kids schools, or through blogging and vlogging, I really feel like there are some amazing friends who are always there to offer advice, encouragement, a laugh or two, and just someone to chit chat with.
- My husband - He may not always get me, but he tries. He helps out so much with the kids, and fully supports us here, financially, physically, and emotionally. I can't possibly say enough great things about the wonderful man I somehow got so lucky to marry.
- My family - Both my family, and my in-law family, are full of such wonderful people. We may not always agree on things but we're always there for each other when each other needs it, and that's pretty amazing. It's nice to have such a big circle of loved ones.
I'm sure there are more things I'm thankful for but I have to go now to drive one of my lovely children to dance.