Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday





The weather outside is::::
Sunny and warm.  I think the high today is supposed to be 87! The wind is blowing super hard today though, so it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually blows something in.


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
   I'm currently finishing up my breakfast. I had a slice of pumpkin bread, a yogurt, and my coffee.

As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining and it really doesn't feel like fall but it is starting to look like it, thanks to the cooler weather we've had off and on over the last week or so.

Right now I am::::
Sitting on the couch in the living room finishing up my breakfast. Last weeks episode of Modern Family is playing on my TV and I'm trying to quickly get this blogpost done since I have another post to do and more coffee to make my husband.


As I look around the house::::
The house is mostly picked up I just need to get a few things done, like laundry folding and dishes.  The girls are playing with baby dolls in their room, and actually getting along!  Excuse me, but that is somewhat monumental.


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....I have a load or two to wash and several loads to fold.
Kitchen....I need to finish loading the dishwasher and run it, then I need to sweep the kitchen floor and give the table, sink and counters a good ole scrubbing.
Dance....Sydney and Rylie both have dance and it's parent observation week so we need to get there nice and early.


Happening this week::::
Monday.....Girl's dance, boys haircuts
Tuesday....Shawn goes out of town
Wednesday....Ben's art class
Thursday.....Ben's class field trip, Shawn comes home
Friday.... Kid's are out of school, Leave on our extended weekend trip to Eureka Springs.


Currently reading::::
Still working on the 2nd Outlander book.  I've taken a small break, but am going to jump right back in, today. 


On the TV today::::
Vlogs, and my brother has me watching The Ranch on Netflix.


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Polish sausage with peppers and onions, rice
Tuesday - Pizza
Wednesday - Chicken Curry, rice, and naan
Thursday - Spaghetti with meat sauce
Friday - In Eureka Springs
Saturday - In Eureka Springs
Sunday - In Eureka Springs 

 
What I am creating at the moment::::
Nothing at the moment, but do need to work on the banners for the girls room over their beds. Also, I'd like to pick up my yarn and crochet hook but need some inspiration first.  Also, I've started a video for my brother, who is away at basic training, that has all the big things, holidays, kids school performances, and sports things. My sister is also supposed to be getting me videos from her family so we can put them all together.  It will be a long several months between basic and then job training and we really don't want him to feel like he missed everything.


New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Nothing at the moment, but I will be scouring pinterest and blogs, because I really need some inspiration.


Favorite photo from the camera::::
This is not a photo I took, but one my brother sent me on snapchat, early this morning. He left for basic on Tuesday of last week and has been in reception ever since.  Today, he actually starts basic which meant that he lost his phone, so this is the last picture I have of him until he gets his phone back when he hopefully gets to come home for Christmas. Look at that handsome young man!



Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


Comments

collettakay said…
I've been thinking of starting "The Ranch" on Netflix. I hope you can stop by:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/10/happy-homemaker-monday-101716.html

Colletta
Jean said…
Hope your kids continued to get along, always nice when that happens ;) Hope you are having a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and