Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather:::
Currently the temperature is 58 degrees with a high today of 62. It's supposed to be in the 50s-70s for the next 9 days or so. If it can hold out through the next weekend, most of my stress would go away.


On my reading pile:::

Finishing up Kings Cage. I'll probably finish it today or tomorrow. It's super good.

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I didn't really watch a whole lot this weekend as we were super busy but we did take the kids out to see Lego Batman.  It was super cute!  


On my TV:::

I have two shows that I watch every week as of late. This Is Us and Grey's Anatomy. Anything else is a bonus. I have Planet Earth 2 recording and I'm really looking forward to Africa's Great Civilizations on PBS that starts tonight. Shawn and I also need to finish up Westworld and I need to finish the Santa Clarita Diet.


On the menu for this week:::

I actually have no meal plan at the moment but am working on that tonight.

Monday 27th
Grilled Chicken with asparagus and broccoli
Tuesday 28th

Wednesday 1st

Thursday 2nd

Friday 3rd 

Saturday 4th

Sunday 5th



On my to do list:::
Monday - Quick grocery run, Syd and Rylie's dance class, Ben's art class, put in full grocery order
Tuesday - Vacuum stairs and clean living room and basement floors
Wednesday - Housework, Ben's art class
Thursday - Housework
Friday - housework
Saturday - house projects
Sunday - Kids' friend's bday party

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

I'm still working on crochet virus blanket. I'm in desperate need of running to the Yarn Barn though and getting refills on my colors.

Looking forward to:::
Sleep tonight.  I haven't been sleeping much lately and it's killing me.

Looking around the house:::

The sun is shining in the kitchen window over the sink. All of our windows have shutters that you can open, but we've fully opened the one over the sink. I have a pile of laundry in the hallway to put in the washing machine and the dishwasher is running. The girls are playing, nicely at the moment, in their room.

From the camera:::

This was yesterday afternoon on our way to my niece's birthday party. The sun was reflecting so beautifully off of the clouds in the mirror that I couldn't stop staring.




What I'm wearing today:::
Right now, sweat pants and one of Shawn's old shirts, but I'm about to go get dressed for the day and run to the store. I'll probably wear some jeggings and a light sweater or button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

One of my simple pleasures:::
Spending time with my husband, whether it be watching tv, snuggling, or doing the dishes. I just genuinely love his company.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and