Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather:::
Rainy! The high today is about 60 but it's pouring and supposed to continue all day. I think it's supposed to be this way off and on all week, just like last week.

On my reading pile:::
Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella. I think I'll finish it today or tomorrow and then I'll start another one. Probably Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. I'm flying through books right now.

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I didn't really watch any TV this weekend out side of Wrestlemania. I'm not a big wrestling fan, but my son and husband are, so I do it for them.


On my TV:::
I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll finally get to Grace and Frankie this week. I also need to watch last week's Grey's Anatomy.


On the menu for this week:::

Monday 
Taco Soup with chips
Tuesday 
Chicken curry with rice, broccoli and asparagus
Wednesday 
Bangers and mash with broccoli and asparagus
Thursday 
Spaghetti with salad and bread
Friday 
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with balsamic roasted carrots and lemon roasted potatoes
Saturday
Homemade Pizza
Sunday 



On my to do list:::
Monday - Laundry! Finish putting books and craft stuff from garage away, Ben's art class, Sydney's soccer practice, put in grocery order
Tuesday - Grocery delivery, Ben's field trip, deep cleaning living room furniture, Ben's soccer practice, Rylie's dance pictures
Wednesday - Floors, kid's marathon club, ben's art class, Sydney's dance pictures
Thursday - Dusting and Glass, Ben's soccer practice
Friday - Sort through kid's toys
Saturday - Sydney and Rylie's soccer, Sydney and Rylie possibly in fashion show, family over


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing yet, but I did get a large stash of yarn from the garage yesterday and plan to start something, probably a granny square blanket, so I can easily come and go from the project as I need to.



Looking around the house:::

I have a huge pile of laundry that needs washing. I've already done a load today, but didn't get any done this weekend and had a sick kiddo this weekend so all the living room blankets and the kids sheets are getting a wash. The dishes from yesterday are in the kitchen sink. Mostly just a couple of cups and plates, but those need tending to. As for the picking up and what not, the house is mostly clean. I've just got a little work to do. Rylie is currently in her bed and Scottie is in Sydney's while they watch My Little Pony and laze around. Shawn's working in the office downstairs.


From the camera:::
Ok, so for the amazingness of this picture to really come through, you need backstory. I'm a pretty decent cook, at least my husband thinks so. My kids think I should cook less veggies, but usually they like my cooking as well. While cooking comes easy to me, baking does not. I've never been able to make a cake from scratch that doesn't taste like flour. One year, many years ago, before I had kids probably, I decided to make biscuits to go with Thanksgiving dinner. Well, something went wrong and they were flat. I decided they couldn't possibly be that bad, put them in a gallon size ziplock baggie and took them to my family's Thanksgiving dinner. When Mom and Grandma were getting all the food out, Grandma grabbed the bag of my biscuits and asked "Who made the sugar cookies?" I, probably red faced from embarrassment, explained that they weren't sugar cookies, but biscuits. My Grandma grabbed the bag by the corner like they were contaminated by something horrible, and dropped them in the trash. I'd never attempted biscuits again after this traumatic event. Last week, while Shawn and I were working on the meal plan, he decided he wanted these rosemary biscuits with his chicken pot pie soup. Of course, I was terrified they'd be awful and I'd be justified in never baking them. Guess what! They turned out amazing and I'm no longer afraid of baking biscuits.


What I'm wearing today:::
I've got on a pair of jeggings and a navy blue t-shirt. When I go out today, I'll need to wear my rain boots.


One of my simple pleasures:::
Lately, it truly has just been reading. I've been devouring book after book. I've needed this for so long.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 



Comments

Jodi said…
Busy week for you! Funny story on the biscuits... glad the next go at them turned out better!! Have a great week!
That's a great story about the biscuits! Happy they turned out for you. Sounds like a delicious menu.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and