Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

I've been away for so long, trying to adjust back to life in school. It's pure chaos, but now that soccer is over, I have my Saturdays back and 2 evenings a week that we had practices are now free. I don't know what I'll do with the time, but I'll probably fill it quickly. You know what life is like with kids. 

Alright, I better get cracking on.


Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Ben had a egg sandwich from the freezer, and the girls all had chocolate chip muffins. I made a cup of carnation instant breakfast and will probably make Shawn an egg sandwich or two from the freezer. I'm going to make coffee here in the next couple of minutes. I definitely need it.

Right now I am:::: 
Sitting at the kitchen counter freezing my patootie off, while Scottie draws pictures and builds a little house from cardboard bits at the counter next to me. 

The weather outside::::
Well, it's officially fall. We've got freezing cold mornings and nice warm afternoons. This morning when I ran the kids to school it was only 36 degrees but the high today is 71.

Looking around the house:::
The kitchen needs a little picking up and the dish washer needs unloaded. I know my bedroom is a complete pit. I'm in the middle of packing away the kids warm weather clothing laundry has taken over. Also, this weekend, we moved Scottie's bed from our room, down to the girls room so we need to find something to do with that big empty spot. I'd like a nice comfy chair and a side table, but we'll see.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry.....I have a load or two to wash, and so much to fold. Some needs packing away still and then I need to go down to the storage room, go through winter clothes and wash all that's coming up and going into kids dressers. 
Cleaning.....The kitchen needs some picking up and the floors down.  I really need to clean the glass doors in the kitchen. Pyro's cage needs to be scooped out.  It's supposed to be Ben's job, as Pyro belongs to him, but unfortunately most of the work falls on me.  
After School..... All 3 girls have ballet, and Ben has an art class. It's our long evening where I'm sitting there from 3:45 to 6:15.

Currently reading::::
I just finished Behind Closed Door by B.A. Paris and am about to start The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. I'm also almost finished with Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. 

On the TV today::::
I need to get caught up on This is Us and Grey's Anatomy, which I may do while I'm dealing with the laundry today.

On the menu this week::::

Monday - Ham and cheese sliders with roasted veggies
Tuesday - Pizza with Rylie's soccer team
Wednesday - Greek Chicken and feta pasta with garlic bread and salad
Thursday - Easy Italian Sausage and Bean soup with homemade bread
Friday - 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Read, and maybe pick up my crochet.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I've got this new cookbookI'm obsessed with. This week I'm trying two recipes from it. The Greek chicken and feta pasta and the Easy Italian Sausage and Bean soup.


One of my simple pleasures::::
Researching Ancestry and learning about where we come from. It's one of my favorite things to do.

Favorite photo from the camera or internet::::
This last week, we went to the pumpkin patch and enjoyed a day with the family. 

    

Something interesting I found::::
I've had some pretty rough back pain for the last couple of days. Last night, a family friend showed me that there are certain pressure points to help in relieving that pain, and that my lower back pain may in fact be menstrual related. I had no idea there were so many pressure points, especially not to help with menstrual pain. I actually came home and looked it all up after she helped me out and found this interesting link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and