Skip to main content

Exhausted!

So, today I woke up and decided I wasn't into doing all of the things today. The kids worked in their work books while I drank coffee, fed the sourdough starter, and made Shawn scrambled eggs.





After a while, we moved to the couches and watched Parks and Rec. I told the kids we were watching an educational show about government. Hahahahaha!


Little Scottie keeps us laughing with her silly faces and funny dances.



After a while, Shawn took Ben up to his school to clean out his locker and gym locker and pick up his viola. When they got back, they were kind of sad so after a quick conversation with Shawn, I took the kiddos outside to play in the driveway. They rode bikes and scooters, Ben rode on his hover board, they took turns in Sydney's new rollerblades and we all played a little basketball. Rylie was bummed that it was too muddy to kick the soccer ball around in the side yard with goal. It was in the low 60s but the sun wasn't out at all and it was a little chilly. It started raining a little on us right before we came inside.








When we came inside, it was time to cook dinner. I folded some laundry while Sydney unloaded the dishwasher and then Ben reloaded it. I came out to find Ben doing the hand washing.



He really is a great helper. I'm so thankful to have his help. He's a super sweetie too. After he finished dishes he started his clothes in the washer and I cooked dinner.  Shawn ran on the treadmill and then came up to help cook dinner.



Thank goodness for my Instant Pot. Pork tenderloins are cooked really quickly in there.




After dinner Shawn went upstairs, I picked up the food and put the dirty dishes in the sink. I'll probably wash them later. Ben went downstairs to his room, Sydney took a shower and Rylie and Scottie had to continue sitting at the table. These girls play too much during dinner and don't eat, so after several dinners not being eaten, I decided I'd had enough and made them sit there until they were done.


Thankfully they finished eating about 20 minutes ago and now Scottie's getting ready to get in the shower. I'm hoping for an earlier night for me, especially since Shawn doesn't have a late night call tonight.

Tomorrow Shawn is planning to go to Costco when it opens and get as much as he can for our weekly trip. I do wish we had a reliable garage refrigerator because it would be nice to stock up on a couple things we use a lot of. We just don't have room in our refrigerator for more than a week of groceries and the garage refrigerator is drinks only as it died two Thanksgivings ago causing us to have to recook all of Thanksgiving dinner.  I need to get Shawn's grocery list together tonight. And I need to feed the sourdough starter again.

Also, I said I would get pictures of the kids' potato paintings. I didn't forget. Ive got them right here.


I'm not sure what the plan for the rest of the night is, but maybe Shawn and I will watch an episode of Picard or Outlander. I think we are one behind on both of those. I'm also definitely hoping to get reading my book. I'm only 88 pages in to The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver. It's pretty good so far but I just don't have tons of time to read at the moment. I'm hoping soon the kids won't need me all the time and I can fit a little reading time in. While I've been doing laundry, I've been listening to The Scent Keeper and it's not bad but I don't think, whatever this kind of book is, is my kind of book. I just am not finding myself loving it. It really reminds me of The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow. A decent story, just not really my jams. Maybe something I'd like better in movie form.


I'm going to finish it though. It's very hard for me to not finish a book. I don't hate this one, so I'm going to finish it but it's definitely not a book I'm super excited about.

Alright, I think I've got girls playing in the shower and Ben came up to switch his laundry around, so I need to put a new load in. Since Rylie's been sick I'm doing all the normal laundry as well as all the blankets from both living rooms. Trying to prevent the spread of all these germs. Anyway, I need to get these kids to bed. I'll be back tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and