Skip to main content

A little ranting is healthy...

I always seem to try to do things with Ben around lunch time or nap time. I know it's because that's when Shawn brings me the car and we take him back to work. Since I work evenings and we don't have a car until around noon or one, it makes it hard to do anything else.

Today, it was the library. We went after taking Shawn back to work. I've learned that his patience runs out quickly so if I want any books, those have to be found quickly and first so he can help me find his books after where he doesn't have to be so quiet. Today, he wasn't even happy picking out his books. There was one point where he was playing and laughing with another boy about his age. I couldn't find this child's mother or whoever brought him to the library anywhere, so I let Ben and him play where I could watch them both, picked out some books, and then took this child to the desk in the kids area when I left. I thought it was really sad. I never let Ben out of my sight when we go to any public place or anywhere for that matter including home. How somebody could be so careless with their child is beyond me.

I've been incredibly grumpy lately. I promise I don't try to be. It just seems like I'm too easily stressed out. I've got a lot of crazy family things going on. Work is beyond stressing me out, and then to add to it, the neighbors are driving me insane. I've got one in particular. He start his loud truck to early in the morning and leaves it running for about 20 minutes with the radio blaring, sometimes (yesterday) he gets all of his stuff out in the front yard (I'm assuming he's a carpenter) and begins sawing wood at the crack of dawn. Yesterday, my dog Maya was outside on her lead. Her lead doesn't span any farther than our yard, so she's not bothering anyone, and the neighbor puts his dog on a lead too. The neighbor has told us that his dog is very territorial and can be quite mean. The problem is this dog's lead comes about 6 feet in our yard. Maya is twice the size of this dog, yet she is terrified of it. The man was outside and never said a word when his dog was barking and growling at ours. Maya was shaking at the back door so I let her inside. She went to her kennel and wouldn't come out while that other dog continued barking up at our house from our lawn. I can't really say anything either because every now and then Shawn would let her out not on the lead since she's really good about staying close and she's not mean at all. Those days have come to an end and I feel I still can't say anything because of the past. I'm at a loss, but yesterday I really wanted to choke him with his extension cord. I promise I didn't. I didn't even say anything to him at all. I've just been sitting here stewing on it since yesterday morning. I think I've got it all out now and can hopefully let go of it. Who knows, I've gotten pretty good at hanging onto things lately.

I have severe pregnancy brain. Yesterday when we went out, I forgot Ben's EpiPens. We weren't doing anything where we should have needed them, but it's nice to have them with us just in case. Today, I couldn't find my library card anywhere. Shawn found the one that goes on the key chain for me, but I still wonder where on earth it could have gone. I just had it, not long ago and can't imagine putting it anywhere other than in my wallet.

Ugh, I guess it's time for me to get ready for work... really it's past time for it. At least Ben's napping so that should make it fairly easy to get ready in a hurry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and