Skip to main content

So Little Time

As I sit here typing this at the kitchen table, the kids are in the living room watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates and playing something with babies and bad guys.  Potatoes are boiling on the stove, the rest of dinner is ready to go in the oven, the table is set, and the dishwasher is ready to run after we eat.  I'm exhausted, like most days, and have my class this evening.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going, but this evening, I'm so ready for pajamas and bed.

I have not had the best run lately.  I've been suffering from withdrawals from a medication that I stupidly quit taking for a couple of days, only because I was to lazy to drive across town.  That has been no picnic, but today was the first day that I woke up, not feeling like my heart was going to pound out of my chest and like something was crawling underneath my skin.  Yes, not fun!  Moral of the story.  Take your meds as prescribed!  The consequences of being lazy can be awful.

Petty, our kitty, is getting sicker and sicker.  I never understood the people who did everything they could to keep their pet alive until now.  She's a part of the family and thinking about the family with out her makes me incredibly sad.  We'll have to have her put down soon, but we're trying to make through Rylie's birthday next week.



All you animal lovers out there should know that she's not acting as if she is suffering.  You would never know by her actions and temperament that she is sick at all.

Rylie turns a whole year old in one week!!!  She still has no teeth, but she's starting to walk, and has the biggest personality as well as about a 10 word vocabulary.




Ben had parent teacher conferences earlier this week.  They didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was still nice.  Ben needs to get his eyes checked, badly, and he can write his name and cut on the lines whether it be straight lines or zigzags.  He does everything super fast and is obsessed with Star Wars.  Once again, I knew all about it, but it was pretty funny to see the teachers tell me he knows more about Star Wars than they do, and he's never actually seen them.  Today, a father of one of Ben's friends asked me if it was alright for his son to give Ben a little present (a light saber spoon).  I thought that was really sweet.

I feel like this week is flying by.  Time is flying by.  It's February!  Did I blink and miss January?  Holy cow!  Sorry, but it really just hit me how fast time is moving.

Sydney has been... well, she's been Sydney.  A friend of mine was talking about a fight she had with her son, who is 2, and how hurt she was by it.  It got a bunch of us talking, and we all seem to have gone through it.  I don't know about anybody else's kids, but I can tell you, Sydney is way more difficult when it comes to tantrums than Ben was, and Rylie, she's too young to tell still.  Tantrums are the worst part of parenting for me so far, but I'm pretty used to it now.  Sadly, sometimes they are actually a little funny.  I recorded one of the many from yesterday.





Life with Syd isn't all tantrums and anger.  She can also be one of the sweetest and funniest kids.




Just watching this cracks me up.  So much personality in these little people.

I've been enjoying the beauty of my home as well.  Or trying to, when I'm home.  I do love it here though.  Nice and homey.








It's the amazing pieces of beauty all over, especially the wonderful flowers.

Alright, I need to get going.  Have a wonderful night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Long Time, No Talk

 Hey!! It’s been so long since I’ve come on here with anything other than recipes. Sadly, I haven’t been cooking much lately, so I don’t have any new recipes at the moment, but I have been super busy. It’s Nutcracker season in our house. It’s Christmas time, school concert time, and we have a million birthdays happening now and soon, but the thing that’s taking up all of our time is Nutcracker Shenanigans. All three girls are in the show. This year, Scottie is a sunflower. Rylie is a party child, a strawberry, and the understudy for both Clara and Fritz. Sydney is a snow, a trooper, and a part time flower. Ben is also working tech for the show. He’s been helping set everything up, and during the show he’ll be working the light board. I’ve been volunteering by watching littles during the tech week rehearsals, and another mom and myself have taken on the responsibility of running the Nutcracker Tea Party fundraiser for the pre professional dance company. It’s been fun, exhausting, someti