Skip to main content
Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other hand... (Yechh!) ~ A Christmas Story



You are standing outside the doors of your child's school waiting to pick them up.  The doors open and the children start spilling out into the school yard. Your child's teacher sees you, makes eye contact, and starts walking your way.  They are only about 15 maybe 20 feet away, but the walk to you feels like slow motion as your stomach drops and you want to turn and run, but can't. They tell you, your child did something so awful to a classmate that it makes you cringe and really want to run away.

Surely I am not the only one this has happened to, right?  This is the 3rd time this has happened to me, this year.  When it happens to me, I feel like I've hopped in a time machine and I'm the one getting in trouble at school.  Now I know how my poor mother felt, well feels, since she's still going through all of this with my brother.

I don't know why this keeps happening.  He's doing so well in school and is making lots of friends, but I see my child becoming a bully.  I don't like it one bit.  Right now, he's writing apology notes, not only to the kid he was mean to but to the teacher as well.




The thing I don't understand is, he called his friend a name.  A really bad name.  A name that neither his father or I condone.  Where he thought this was ok is beyond me.  I'm removing youtube and internet access from all of the kids iPads, since I found that the word came from a youtube video that I thought was very child friendly. I've watched a million of these videos with the kids.  They are creepy (grown people video taping themselves playing with toys) but I'd never heard anything like that except in this one.  I'm extremely upset.  We spend all of our time together and I only banish them from the room as I'm doing adult things like making phone calls and on occasion when I'm watching something on TV they can't watch.  I have them in sports and activities, that either their father or I always attend with them.  I've talked and talked to him as well as his sisters about feelings and how we always should be nice, etc.  I don't know what to do to prevent this though.

I could really use some words of encouragement, maybe some stories that don't make me feel so alone, and any tips you may have.

Comments

Sandra said…
Oh Liz, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I have been extremely lucky in the sense that neither of my kids ever were bullies or called other kids names. They did get in trouble sometimes in school so I know how that feels having the teacher walk up.

To this day, when I talk to a teacher I always feel like I'm back in school LOL

One thing I noticed with my kids though, the few times they did say something mean to another kid, it was because they were being bullied themselves and were defending themselves. Are you sure Ben is not being bullied?

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this, it's not a good thing to go through. Just hang in there my friend, I know you're a wonderful mother :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and