Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Ok, I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks.  Life has been full of chaos, family, and food.



The weather outside is::::
It's so cold right now.  On the school run this morning, it was 9 degrees.  




On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Naked Green machine, some pomegranate and cheese slices with crackers

As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining and there is a little snow on the ground from Saturday night. 

Right now I am::::
Sitting on the couch typing this and watching Kitchen Nightmares while I type this.  Sydney is laying on the couch watching Peppa Pig and Rylie is watching Casper cartoons in the chair.  Scottie is playing with her toys on the floor and climbing all over her Rody.  

As I look around the house::::
The house is mostly clean, except the kids playroom and the basket of folded and sorted laundry at the bottom of the stairs waiting to be put away.  Shawn and I actually fixed up our bedroom upstairs and I organized the upstairs bathroom last night.  I'm so excited to not only have an incredibly clean house but an organized house, where everything has a place.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry....I have a load or two of laundry to do today.
Cleaning....
In the kitchen.... The dishwasher is full of clean dishes to be put away and the sink has a couple to be loaded up in the dishwasher.  The bakers rack and the freezer has some things on them that need sorting and put away.
In the living room....Vacuum   
In the bedrooms....I still need to make Sydney and Rylie's beds
Playroom....The kids need to pick up their toys and put them away
Extra curriculars.....Sydney has dance tonight and Ben has wrestling
 

Currently reading::::
Hoping to finally get a chance to read Game of Thrones.
  
On the TV today::::
Right now, Kitchen Nightmares.  I do love Gordon Ramsey.  I'm sure later there will be Peppa Pig and I'll watch some vlogs.


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Restaurant food
Tuesday - Frozen Pizzas
Wednesday - Pork tenderloin, veggies
Thursday - Tequila lime chicken fajitas
Friday - Pancakes, eggs, and bacon
Saturday - 
Sunday - 


What I am creating at the moment::::
I'm currently doing a granny square bunting for my room.  My room has felt very cold and plain for far too long. I made a painting for the wall, I have a mirror and a painting we were given for Christmas last year that I want in there also.        

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
I don't have anything at the moment, but I'd love to do some recipe reading this week.  My husband made some awesome mashed potatoes this last week.  Seriously, awesome.
 

Favorite photo from the camera::::
This is the face that wakes me up every morning before my alarm goes off.  She's a sweet as pie.


 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and