Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather outside is::::
Cold!!! It's about 5 degrees right now, but the windchill is -8.  




On the breakfast plate this morning::::
I've not had anything yet.  I'm thinking about a bowl of oatmeal with some banana, a coffee, and some green machine.

As I look outside my window:::
It just looks cold.  The ground is coated in frost and a tiny bit of snow. If only I didn't have to leave the house today.

Right now I am::::
Snuggled up on my couch, watching the Today show, and just trying to keep warm.  Typing up this blog post and dreaming about coffee.

As I look around the house::::
The house is pretty well taken care of although Scotland did just dump her tote of diaper wipe packages and diaper cream all over my living room.  Sydney is laying on the chair on her iPad watching the Office.  Rylie is still asleep upstairs in her room and I can hear Maya snoring in the kitchen.  
On today's to do list::::
Laundry....I'm going to throw a load of diapers in the washer in a minute or two and then I'll have a load of clothing tonight.
Cleaning....In the kitchen....I need to unload the dishwasher and put the dirty glasses from the sink in the dishwasher.
In the living room....I have a blanket to fold, and some pillows to throw back on the couches. Some wipes and diaper cream to pick up, and some wii controllers to pick up as well.
In the bedrooms....Beds need to be made and the kids room needs a little picking up. 
In the bathrooms....I washed them yesterday, so just a cleaning of the shower this evening.
Sydney's Dance
Ben's Wrestling


Currently reading::::
Game Of Thrones and Becoming Laura Ingalls Wilder still.

On the TV today::::
Some vlogs, Miranda (which I'm almost through with but super obsessed) and I promised Sydney we'd start Parenthood over together.  We are so sad it's over and she hasn't seen it from the 

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Leftover BBQ from last night
Tuesday - Bloody Good steak and veg
Wednesday - Chicken chow mein 
Thursday - Tacos with rice and beans
Friday - Chicken Curry and rice
Saturday -
Sunday - 


What I am creating at the moment::::
I haven't made any progress on my bunting, but maybe this week!

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
I bought a couple of kid friendly recipe books this weekend that I'm so super excited about.  They are for cooking with small children and quick and easy family cooking.  Two recipes on my meal plan this week, chicken chow mein, and chicken curry and rice, are from the Children's quick and easy cookbook.  Also, this weekend, Shawn took me out shopping and I went into a extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar store.  I bought these amazing oils and vinegars.  I'm talking balsamic vinegar I could just drink from a cup.  I'm so excited to use that on my bloody good steak recipe.  I think the great quality in the vinegar will improve an already great dish.

Favorite photo from the camera::::



Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
This one is actually for my husband today.  My family and especially my husband could use some prayers right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and