Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Monday!  Woke up this morning, still completely exhausted.  Obviously it was another rough night for me when it comes to sleeping. I just can't seem to sleep well lately, and that's with the kids sleeping through most of the night.  So, cheers to a day full of coffee to keep me going.  Hope you all are having a better start than I am.  Alright, on to Happy Homemaker Monday.


The weather outside is::::
It was so wonderful this weekend.  I mean 60 degree weather! It's going to be a tad cooler this week but still a little warm for the season.



On the breakfast plate this morning::::
A cup of coffee with the last of my Cinnamon vanilla creamer, toast with a little lemon curd on top, and a clementine. 

As I look outside my window:::
It's so gloomy and cloudy right now.  Everything is brown and it's sort of miserable, although if I didn't have to go anywhere today and could lay in bed or on the couch and watch movies while drinking coffee, this would be great.

Right now I am::::
Sitting at the kitchen table drinking my coffee and typing this post while Scottie sits next to me in her highchair finishing her brekkie of yogurt melts and puffs.


As I look around the house::::
My house is actually in pretty good shape.  Thankfully my husband and I got the housework caught up last night.  We spent the weekend getting his office and the garage in order, so until yesterday, most of the housework got pushed to the side.  The kids playroom, however, is in shambles!  They will be working on that later today.  I have boxes of gifts I ordered for Rylie's birthday piling up in the office as well.  As soon as the wrapping paper and ribbon arrives this week, I'll be wrapping them to cut down on the mess.


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....I'm going to throw a load of diapers in the washer in a minute or two and then I'll have a load of clothing tonight.
Cleaning....In the kitchen....I need to unload the dishwasher and put the breakfast dishes in.
In the living room....I really need to vacuum and dust!
In the bedrooms....The kids beds need to be made and their room needs a quick pickup
In the bathrooms....Clean the downstairs shower this evening before Ben gets home from wrestling.
Sydney's Dance
Ben's Wrestling 
Order Rylie's birthday cake!
Also, this week....Sign Ben, Sydney, and Rylie up for Spring soccer, sign Rylie up for preschool for the fall, and get Sydney enrolled for Kindergarten next year.

Currently reading::::
Game of Thrones by George RR Martin.  I actually got to read a tiny bit this weekend and it was magical. Hahahaha!   

On the TV today::::
I really need to get caught up on a few shows and Sydney has already been begging this morning to watch Parenthood.

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Tacos with Rice and Beans and melon
Tuesday - Chicken curry with rice and roasted broccoli
Wednesday - Breakfast casserole
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Saturday - Chuck E Cheese for Rylie's birthday
Sunday - 


What I am creating at the moment::::
Centerpieces for Rylie's birthday party currently

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
I actually achieved my goal of Chinese that is a healthier but just as tasty version of take away.  Seriously! I made chicken chow mein that was to die for.  I'll be putting that recipe up later today, hopefully.


Favorite photo from the camera::::
My biggest and littlest, sledding together in the backyard.  May not have had much snow, but we made the most of it.




Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and