Grilled Pork and Plum Kebabs

The 19th recipe I did for 52 recipes in 2017 is Grilled Pork and Plum Kebabs.

I know, I'm super behind on my 52 recipes, but I think I'll get caught up soon.

We bought a huge carton of plums from Costco, and we needed to use them up, since I'm the only one who really eats them. I decided to search Pinterest for ideas, but most of what I found was desserts or jam. After a little harder search I found lots of pork and plum recipes. On nice summer evenings, we love the grill so the kebabs was perfect.

I found the recipe here.




Grilled Pork and Plum Kebabs
  • 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
  • 1 thumb sized knob ginger, peeled and grated
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 pork tenderloin, cubed
  • 8 black or purple plums, halved and pitted
  • 1 onion, quartered and divided into slices


Whisk first 8 ingredients together for the marinade, and pour into a zip lock bag.
Add pork and plums. Seal and put in fridge for at least an hour, or overnight.
Heat grill to high.
Divided between 8 soaked wooden skewers, or metal ones, thread pork, plums, and onion.
Lightly oil grill. Grill, covered, about 6 minutes, turning often, until pork is no longer pink inside.
Serve with Asian Plum Sauce for dipping.
Notes
*If using wooden skewers, soak skewers for an hour in water before using, to prevent burning.

Comments

Popular Posts