Skip to main content

Single Mom Week

Oh you guys! It has been a week!!! It's Friday and I can't even begin to tell you where the week went. Shawn was out of town Sunday through Wednesday. I was so excited for him to get back. You know, single parenting is hard! I do enjoy that I get to be home with the kiddos though. Even when they are being complete monsters.

Any who, this week I picked back up a crochet project I haven't worked on, in over a year.


The kids got bikes for Christmas from Santa. We've been bad parents and my oldest child, at 10 years old, didn't know how to ride a bike. Thankfully, we've had a few nice days here and there over the last month and have been able to take the kids out for bike rides. They are getting around really well now. Ben seems to have mastered his bike, even though it doesn't have training wheels. He's had a few major wipeouts with it, but is doing really well now. Sydney is really careful on her bike, as she is with everything, and Rylie, true to Rylie form is quite reckless. Scottie struggled at first with pedaling and needed to be pushed about ever 30-45 seconds. Now, she has figured it out and is a little pedaling machine.



Those nice days we've had have been a life saver to this mom, who spends her whole life, inside the house, or running kids from schools to activities and back home again.









While Shawn is gone, I usually try to go above and beyond with the kids. I mean we do all the normal things we have to do during the week, but I play lots of Minecraft, watch kids movies, and shows they want to watch. Sometimes we go out to eat and I take them on little trips to the store.  The pet store is always a favorite and the kids like to beg for new pets. Sometimes we even eat special treats, like ice cream.








Yup, it's fun, but exhausting. I'm super glad to have Shawn back.


This morning, Shawn is at a friend's funeral. I'm sitting at the kitchen counter watching Duchess watch Scottie chase Cleo around the kitchen. Scottie sure does love Cleo.


I need to get my day rolling. I've got a load of laundry to fold, a coffee pot to clean up, a kiddo to dress, and a book calling my name. Tonight, I think we are going to an art exhibit and then relaxing at home for the rest of the evening.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and