Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday


♥♥The Weather♥♥
It’s nice and chilly today. This up and down weather is definitely killing my head. Also, I’m going to have the biggest arm muscles from lugging all my potted plants inside and back out again.
Monday - Sunny AM, Cloudy PM, 48 
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 51
Wednesday - Sunny, 62
Thursday - Rainy, 48
Friday - Snow possible, 48
Saturday -  Sunny, 62
Sunday - Partly Cloudy, 66


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
I’ve got a headache and my throat is a bit phlegmy this morning. I’m hoping that as I continue with my coffee that all breaks up and I can move on with my day.


♥♥On my mind♥♥
I’ve got a million things going on in my mind today. We’ve got a new fridge coming this week, the car salesman looking for a car for us (my car has been in and out of the shop and we’re thinking with the low interest and dealerships being desperate, right now might be a good time to buy), week 2 for the girls’ school is starting today, week 3 of school for Ben starts today. Scottie’s birthday is on Thursday and I’m trying to keep it as fun and normal as I can even though we can’t go anywhere and have anyone over. We need groceries, but I’m trying to hold off on a grocery trip until the new fridge gets here. We’re moving our old fridge into the garage so we can hopefully actually keep enough food on hand for 2 weeks.               


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
It’s 10:00 and I still haven’t eaten. I’ve only been drinking my coffee. I think I may grab and yogurt and some granola really quickly so I can take my morning meds and vitamins.


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Last night I finished The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver. I’m reading Will I Ever Pee Alone Again by Emma Conway (which is more and more relevant by the day) and I’m listening to The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel on Audible. I’m thinking about starting The Guest List by Lucy Foley today. I’ve been enjoying the light romantic books but maybe I need a can’t put it down Thriller.

♥♥On my tv♥♥
Youtube vlogs
Little Fires Everywhere        


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

Monday - Pulled Pork and deviled eggs
Tuesday - Chicken Curry with rice
Wednesday - Instant Pot Smoked Sausage and White Bean Soup
Thursday -  Chipotle takeout for Scottie’s birthday (she loves their cheese quesadillas)
Friday - homemade pizza
Saturday -
Sunday - 

♥♥From the camera♥♥
 Cleo decided to dig up my green onions on Saturday so Shawn built a nice table for me to put my smaller pots of herbs.    


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
My house is total chaos right now, but who’s house isn’t? I’m sitting at the counter, Scottie is finishing up her school at the table. Ben, Sydney and Rylie are all done with school for the day so I have them cleaning their rooms and then they’ll be moving on to the living rooms. I have full laundry hampers calling my name and I need to move my plants back outside as the herbs are all on the floor behind me in the kitchen. I’ve got my box for Easter decorations sitting on the counter so I can put them all away today. Lots and lots of little messes.

♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
I need to scrub the kitchen floor. With everyone living in my kitchen it’s hard to find time to actually clean it well, and between the cats, the dog, the plants, arts and crafts, and the 3 meals a day and snacks 7 days a week, it’s a complete mess.

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Same thing as every week. Watching TV and movies with the kiddos. We’re loving LEGO Masters and Masked Singer. Reading, crocheting, yoga with Shawn, gardening, reading about gardening, etc.    

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
Everyone right now could use some prayers. I’m praying for those affected by the virus and people who are struggling with their mental health whether it be depression or anxiety from being trapped at home, for fear of the virus (like myself) and struggling to deal with being parent/spouse/teacher/employer/everything. 

Comments

Jean said…
That's a great table! Hope your new fridge arrives without a hitch and good luck finding a new car. How exciting. Hope you have a great week!
Luludou said…
With a full house cleaning kitchen floors sure must be complicated. I put away Easter decor today too.
Have a great week
Sandra said…
Right there with you on the headache, weird throat and phleghmy stuff. I am chucking it up to the constant change in weather.

Hope you are able to find a good car for a good price, and yay for a new fridge :) Have a great week Liz!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and