Skip to main content

Hanging In There

Another day is flying by.  Yup, I'm barely hanging on by the seat of my pants.  Today has been a bit of a lazy day here.  I have three sick kiddos, and I'm not feeling too hot myself.  Darn those germy children at Laugh Out Loud.  I knew this was coming.  When we were there yesterday, a kid that is always there had snot running all down his face and a horrible cough.  He even tried to drink out of my son's cup.  Ewwww.


I have soo much to do today, but have no urge to do it.  I should have done it yesterday but spent the day at Laugh Out Loud and then in Kansas City, at my in-law's house.




My mom got me this amazing book of daily devotionals, called Jesus Calling, for my baptism.  I've been reading them every morning, thinking about them all day long, and then re-reading them before bed.  I find myself meditating on them off and on all day.


I've been having a hard time with Sydney lately.  I know it's completely normal to have a rough time and that it's a phase or whatever, but this is just awful.  She talks back, argues over everything, screams and cries if you ask her not to do something or tell her no, she hits, kicks, and pees on the floor when she gets really mad.  I feel like I spend most of my time battling her.  I'm trying not to let her get me discouraged, but sometimes it's really rough.  I just feel like, lately it's been really bad.  Sorry, I just had to vent.

Don't get me wrong, all of my kids are really good kids, but I've been having some problems with Sydney.  I love her just the same, but wish I had some baby whisperer type of advice.  I know that I'm not the only one who has gone or is going through this.

I've got laundry going in the washer and dryer, and I have a sink full of dishes to put in the dishwasher.  The living room floor is covered with toys.  I need the energy to take care of all of it, but really all I want is to sit on the couch and watch Call The Midwife.  I have one episode left of the first season.  It's soooo good!  While I sat here watching the last episode, I started a new wash cloth with this new bright and fun yarn.


Sometimes I feel like these little things, the fun personal touches, help to make the mundane chores, seem a little more interesting.

Thawed some pork chops to cook for dinner.



Shawn won't be enjoying them with the kids and I though since he started a weight loss study today.  He can eat the fruit and veggies we make for sides, but cannot enjoy the main dish and anything else with many calories like scalloped potatoes, rice, etc.  He eats shakes, prepackaged meals, and fruits and veggies, and lots of water.

The weather outside is nice and sunny, and even somewhat warm, so I moved all of my plants outside to get some sun.  I don't trust this Kansas weather though, so they are just out there for the day, and I'll be moving them back in this evening.


I have class tonight, and I'm excited to see what it will be like.  I'll actually be kind of sad for the classes to be over in about 3 weeks.  Alright, I need to get up and get these dishes and laundry done so when I come home from class tonight, I can just go to bed and I have a little one climbing up next to me with a book to read.


Hope everyone is having a good week.  I know that I'm trying to.

Comments

Sandra said…
Oh boy do I remember those days. Jasmine was quite the little terror at that age, and yes it felt like I was going to lose my mind.

But it DOES get better. Right now she's trying to assert herself and she's going to push the envelope. Wish there was a quick fix, but there isn't LOL

Love the first pic of you all, so funny.

Hope everyone feels better soon :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and