Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday


As I look outside my window:::
It's cloudy and cold!  This morning, it snowed.  I'm so over it and ready for summer weather.

Right now I am::: 
Sitting on the couch in the living room, listening to the girls watching their iPads and munching away on pop corn.

Thinking and pondering:::
All of the things I have to do today and tomorrow to get ready for the baby that is coming on Wednesday!!!

On my bedside table:::
My bottled water and Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, which I have yet to actually crack open.

On my tv tonight:::
Monday: 
Bones
The Following
Tuesday:
The Little Couple
19 Kids and Counting
Chicago Fire
Wednesday:
Million Dollar Listing
Law and Order SVU
Flipping Out
Chicago P.D.
Thursday:
Grey's Anatomy
Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
Game of Thrones
Call the Midwife

Listening to:::
The kids loud iPads

On the menu for this week:::
This week is all kinds of crazy since I won't be home Wednesday morning through Saturday afternoon

Monday - 
Tuesday - 
Wednesday - 
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Saturday - 
Sunday -  Easter 

On my to do list:::
Go through the kids dresser drawers
Put laundry away
Put stuff away from the kitchen counters
Finish unpacking the boxes in my bedroom of baby stuff


Happening this week:::
Monday - Housework
Tuesday - Ben's PJ day at school, Sydney's school art fair, Syd's dance, Ben's soccer practice
Wednesday - Baby day!  Ben home from school
Thursday -  In the hospital, Shawn go to Syd's Art Fair reception at school, Shawn home with kids
Friday - In the hospital, Shawn home with kids
Saturday - Sydney's soccer game, Ben's soccer game, Hopefully come home from the hospital, dye Easter eggs

What I am creating:::
Trying to work on my mood blanket when I can.  Thinking about rearranging some squares so I can be done quicker but either way, at this point, it won't be done when I go into the hospital.
   
My simple pleasure:::
Smelling my kids heads.  I just love that sweet smell, even with my stinky 6 year old.

Homemaking tips::: 
I'm not sure.  I'm drawing a blank.  

Looking around the house:::
There is so much laundry in piles in the hallway.  Some to be folded and some to be put away, some to be washed.  I just got done vacuuming up a popcorn mess on the floor from my girls and went ahead and vacuumed the whole living room while I was at it.
  
From the camera:::
Rylie's first time on the big kid swing.



Prayer List:::
My family as we get ready for our new little addition to our family

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Comments

Sherry said…
We watch a lot of the same shows! Of course I'm a tv junkie :/ Have a blessed Easter with your family!

Sherry

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and