Skip to main content

Sweet Baby Scotland Paige

One week ago, Wednesday, April 16th, we welcomed our sweet little baby girl into the world.

I'd like to introduce you to our amazing little bundle of love and joy, Scotland Paige Tiemann.



I went in for a normal scheduled c-section.  There were only a few minor hiccups during the process but nothing too awful, like last time.

The morning started out super early on barely any sleep and with two nervous parents.  Here's my last baby bump picture.


As soon as I got changed into my gown, they got my iv started and hooked me up to all the fun monitors.


While this was happening...



Finally after a very long feeling almost two hours, I walked back to the OR where they attempted to start my spinal.  It took 4 extremely painful tries before actually getting it to work.  Finally, I was all ready and in came Shawn with the camera.


It didn't take but a few minutes and at 8:37 am, there she was.  My biggest baby at 7 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long.


She peed on the pediatrician, which was kind of funny even though it happens all the time to the poor guy.  (She pees on us a lot during diaper changes too.)  At this point a nurse took over with the camera, and she got some really great pictures.

Shawn cutting the cord.


Shawn putting on her first diaper.


Proud Daddy!



And then I got to meet her officially for the first time.



Apparently at some point during the process of getting her out I got a pretty decent tear on my stomach from the skin being stretchy and thin from four pregnancies and c-sections.  Can we say ouch?!  The pain from that is worse than the pain from the incision now.  Also, I got a little nauseous in the OR, which further delayed my getting to eat or drink anything that wasn't clear (water, ice chips, juice, or sprite).

Finally, we were off to recovery.




Not long after coming out of recovery and going to the room, Shawn's dad brought up the kids so they could meet their baby sister.



We had lots of visitors over those few days.  Shawn's parents, our friend Terry, my sister-in-law and her two kids, our good friend Torren (who is our kids God father), my mom, step dad, brother, and sister as well as her three kids and our family friend Cameron.  Shawn brought the kids up Wednesday and Thursday as well as bringing the girls up for breakfast Thursday morning so I could help do the girls hair before Sydney had to be at school.


I even managed to escape the hospital the night before I was supposed to get out.  As wild as my kids and husband are, and as much as they drive me crazy I was so lonely without them.  I cried every night when they left.  I also wanted my bed and to not be woken up every hour or so to take my blood pressure, check my stomach, and ask when the last time I fed Scotland was or when her last dirty diaper was.  We didn't tell the kids so Shawn got Torren to watch them, and came to "visit" so he could pick us up.


The kids were so surprised.  It was really cool.  We've all been loving her up ever since.  There are a lot of fights over wanting to hold the baby.  And the kids have all seemed to catch a cold since we've been home.  Yes, even little Scottie came down with it last night.

I snuck a cute picture of her while she was napping today.


I just love her so much.  She's a great addition to this wild and crazy family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and