Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

I know it's getting late, but we've had a some what busy day, being lazy.  

www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
We went out for brunch today, to The Roost, the kids enjoyed pancakes and french toast, Shawn had chorizo and eggs, I had an egg sandwich, and Shawn and I shared grits and enjoyed delicious coffees.  Great breakfast.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry
Meal planning
Grocery shopping
Clean the car

Currently reading::::
Game of Thrones by George R R Martin

On the TV today::::
Parenthood

The weather outside is::::
The weather is insanely awesome!  Today was about 82 degrees.


On the menu this week::::


Monday
D:  Something light

Tuesday
D: Dinner in KC

Wednesday
D:  Overnight Blueberry French Toast and bacon

Thursday
D:  Mustard Herb pork chops

Friday
D:  Cowboy casserole

Saturday
D: Grilled steak and veggies

Sunday
D: 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Relax in front of the TV

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I tried a delicious dessert this last week called Lemon Puddle Pudding.  I'll be posting the recipe in the next day or two hopefully.  

In the garden::::
My mint is growing crazy, but I need to do some weeding. 

Favorite photo from the camera::::



Looking Around the House::::
My house looks like a tornado has blown through, but I'm hoping to get it cleaned up tonight or tomorrow. 

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
I haven't been able to do much reading.

Praying for::::
For health and happiness for all of my friends and family.


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment:::: 



Comments

Felicia said…
A lazy day sounds like so much fun. I hope to have one today. I was able to get a lot of the cleaning done late last night so I told my husband I was running away to the library today. I need out of this house before I go crazy.

That Overnight Blueberry French Toast sounds so good. I have a normal overnight French toast recipe that I love but never thought of adding blueberries. Mmmm....

Hope you have a great week.
Christy said…
Hi Supermom! I am visiting from Sandra's blog. Love the photo of your kids and their expressions. They are just adorable! Hope you have a great week!
Sandra said…
I love lazy days, though now that school is back on, I haven't had any at all. I am already missing summer hahahahah

I can't wait to see that Lemon Puddle Pudding recipe, that sounds SO good.

Hope you've been enjoying your week :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and