Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Our weekend was busy but fantastic! We had dance class, an art show, 2 ballets, 2 soccer games, a baseball practice, 2 birthday parties, a trip to the farmers market, a trip to Costco, a big clean of the house, a much needed mowing the lawn, and had a great big family dinner that we hosted and I cooked for.


The weather:::
Weather this week doesn't seem awesome. I see us spending a lot of time inside.
Monday - Cloudy, 69º
Tuesday - Thunderstorms, 64º
Wednesday - Thunderstorms, 68º
Thursday - Rainy, 67º
Friday - Cloudy, 69º
Saturday - Sunny, 75º
Sunday - Thunderstorms, 77º

On my reading pile:::
Miracle Creek by Angie Kim, This Will Only Hurt a Little by Busy Philipps, Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney, The January Children by Safia Elhillo

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I think the only thing I watched all weekend was Game of Thrones.

On my TV this week:::
Good Girls
Vlogs
Superstore
The Village
Grey's Anatomy
New Amsterdam
Call the Midwife

On the menu for this week:::

Monday 
Zuppa Toscana with homemade bread
Tuesday 
Spaghetti, salad, and asiago sourdough bread I picked up from the farmers market
Wednesday
Cheese burgers, corn on the cob, watermelon, asparagus and potatoes
Thursday
Chicken Tikka Masala, rice, mini naan, roasted broccoli and cauliflower
Friday
Pork Tenderloin, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Quick grocery run
Setup kids chore boards for the day

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Nothing at the moment

Looking forward to:::

Bed time! I'm so tired and worn out. I truly feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends. I think that's just what life is like with 4 kids that all are in activities. I'm trying to enjoy everything though. I can sleep when my babies are grown.  

Looking around the house:::
Scottie has been cuddling one of the cats in the living room all morning while watching Paw Patrol.  Dakota doesn't want to come out of her kennel, probably because she's exhausted from barking all night long. Shawn's upstairs working. It's non stop calls from 10-2 today. I need a small break in calls so I can go make the bed though. It bothers me knowing my bed is a mess up there. I'm burning this Banana Bundt cake candle in the kitchen, where I'm sitting at the counter and it smells sooooo good!

From the camera:::
We went to see a local performance of Giselle this weekend. Sydney and Rylie begged to go, so we bought tickets for whole family. Rylie and Scottie got to see the helpers from their dance class performing so beautifully. The whole family loved it, surprisingly even Ben, who sat on the edge of his seat completely enthralled. 






What I'm wearing today:::
I'm wearing a new pair of jeggings, a mustard yellow blouse with billowy sleeves, and my roxy shoes

One of my simple pleasures:::
Going to the farmer's market. I just love it! All the pretty fresh produce, the smells from the food trucks and baked good sellers, the sounds of families and music playing from street performers, and all of the adorable dogs!         

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
Prayers to my cousin who lost his wife last night. 

Comments

Luludou said…
You've had quite a busy weekend! I am an empty-nester now and I can say I do not regret all the time spent with the kids when they were little.
Beautiful pictures of your girls.

Have a great week
Jodi said…
I hear ya on bed time... I am playing catch up from having a cough (still lingering) last week and no sleep. What sweet pics!! Have a great Monday!
Shellie Almond said…
I enjoyed stopping by! I am so sorry I am a little late today! I loved the pictures from the ballet! Your menu sounds amazing! I too love the feelinga nd the smells of a farmers market! I hope you have a wonderful week!
Rebecca Knox said…
I'm running a little late this week, but I enjoyed this week's post! So much culture! And beautiful pics! Blessings for a great rest of the week and weekend ahead! <3

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and