Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game.


The weather:::

Monday - Cloudy, 74º
Tuesday - PM Showers, 67º
Wednesday - Cloudy, 73º
Thursday - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º
Friday - Sunny, 76º
Saturday - PM Thunderstorms, 80º
Sunday - Partly Cloudy, 76º

On my reading pile:::
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney
Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields
The January Children by Safia Elhillo

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones.

On my TV this week:::
Vlogs
Grey's Anatomy
Game of Thrones
Super Store
Good Girls

On the menu for this week:::
Monday 
Easter Leftovers
Tuesday 
Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob
Wednesday
Ham and cheese sandwiches
Thursday
Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and broccoli
Friday  
Tacos
Saturday

Sunday


On my to do list:::
Laundry
Vacuum living areas
Pick up kitchen

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Nothing at the moment. I need to get back to my blanket.

Looking forward to:::

Reading and relaxing. Maybe coffee with some of my momma friends  

Looking around the house:::
Scottie is watching TV in the living room and there is popcorn bits all over the floor in there. The kitchen counters are a little crazy with piles of stuff everyone just drops there that I need to pickup. Two of the cats (Ollie and Lena) are playing on the kitchen floor attacking each other while two of the dogs (Duchess and Cleo) stand at the backdoor watching. Dakota is laying in her kennel with the door open, just refusing to come out. Sometimes she'll sigh heavily letting you know she's still here and Fog is somewhere around here, angrily pouting, hopefully not peeing or pooping on things. Soon the other kids will be home and the house will be loud with children fighting and playing.

From the camera:::
My in-laws have the best sunset views from their back patio.



What I'm wearing today:::
Embroidered denim shorts and a burgundy colored v neck tshirt.

One of my simple pleasures:::
Driving around in beautiful neighborhoods looking at the flowers and colorful trees. I always look for inspiration since I badly want to paint my front door but don't know what color would work on my house.      

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
Prayers for my friend who is having some health problems and prayers for a friend going through a rough divorce.

Comments

Rebecca Knox said…
What a lovely sunset photo! Menus look good and can't wait to hear what color you choose for your front door! Blessings for a beautiful week ahead! <3
Shellie Almond said…
I enjoyed stopping by today! I am like you I love to go looking for inspiration different places! I hope you can soon choose a color for your door! Have a blessed week!
Jodi said…
That is a great view for sunsets!! Have a great Monday!
Jean said…
What a beautiful sunset photo! I enjoyed reading your description of looking around your house. Sounds so warm and welcoming & I have lots of those stuff piles to conquer around here today as well so I can relate to that. Hope you have a wonderful week!
Sandra said…
That is a gorgeous sunset, wow!!!

Your look around the house sounds like mine used to be when my kids were your age. I always used to think that Mondays looked like a tornado went through during the weekend lol

I hope you have a fantastic week :)
Felicia said…
A Lily in the Light sounds really good, I'm going to have to see if my library has a copy.

I want to repaint my door too. At our old house we had a red one and I loved it but I'm thinking something along a blueish green this time. Anything but the horrible white it is right now.

Have a great week!
Luludou said…
Great menu! Seems like you had a great Easter - a kickball game sounds like lots of fun. Have a great week

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th