Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!!


The weather outside is::::
Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons.

Monday - Sunny, 74
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 63
Wednesday - Sunny, 57
Thursday - Sunny, 70
Friday - Sunny, 75
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 72
Sunday - Storms, 73


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice.

As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there.

Right now I am::::
Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast.


As I look around the house::::
The kitchen, where I'm sitting looks a mess. I've done half of the dish washing and need to do another sink load but it will have to wait. My bedroom is a mess as well, but the living room looks comfy cozy and ready for fall with all of our big soft blankets out. 


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Currently washing Sydney's laundry and have another miscellaneous load to do after.
Cleaning....I need to finish the dishes and pickup the drop zones that are my kitchen counters. I need to do a quick pickup of my bedroom.
In the bedrooms....I need to pickup my bedroom and dust it. I'm thinking about saving the sheets for tomorrow. 
Cooking.....Tonight for dinner is burgers and veggies on the grill so I need to make the patties and prep the veggies so Shawn can throw them on this afternoon
Errands..... I have a hair appointment at 11 this morning, Shawn's taking the kids to the dentist at 1, and I need to go to the grocery store.
After School Activities..... Ben has model car club after school today and all 3 girls have dance classes this evening.

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Hamburgers, grilled asparagus, butternut squash and potatoes
Tuesday - Balsamic Maple Glaze Salmon, broccoli and cauliflower, and mashed sweet potatoes
Wednesday - Chili and Corn bread
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Saturday - 

Currently reading::::
The Whisper Man by Alex North and The Shining by Stephen King

On the TV today::::
Nothing at the moment, but maybe a blog or two if I have time today.

What I am creating at the moment::::
Nothing currently. I'm busy and exhausted.  


New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
I'm trying this salmon recipe this week. We don't eat a lot of fish at home, and that's something I would love to work on.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
I'm so proud of Ben. He's found something he really enjoys doing, and has had to make sacrifices to do it. He's been a theater tech for and enjoying every minute of it. Right now he's doing one of the 2 spot lights for our local production of Willy Wonka. 



Comments

collettakay said…
My bedroom needs some TLC at the moment and a good dusting too!

I hope you can stop by:

https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/10/happy-homemaker-monday-101419.html

Colletta
Sandra said…
Aaahhh it's so good to see a post from you :)

Ben looks so grown up, oh my goodness, it's like overnight he went from a tiny little boy to a young man. So glad he is enjoying the theater tech, that's awesome.

Hope you have a wonderful week :)
Pamela said…
That's a chilly morning! Yummy breakfast, love Starbucks' breakfast sandwiches. Ben looks right at home behind that impressive light - it's great when you find something you really enjoy that could one day be a career choice. We'll always have movies, television, theater, won't we?
Shellie Almond said…
I enjoyed stopping by! As crazy as it sounds in my head as I type this! I am looking forward to your cooler temps! I hope you have amazing blessed week ahead!
Jodi said…
I need to add chili to my menu! Cute photo! Have a great week!
Luludou said…
I love when our children find Something they really like in life.
Have a great Week!
Jean said…
Starbucks sounds really good for these cool, fall mornings. Putting out the Halloween decorations is on my list for the week. Our neighbors have quite the set up. Hope you have a wonderful week!
Rebecca Knox said…
As you can see, I'm running a week behind, but better late than never...huh? The burgers with grilled asparagus, butternut squash, and potatoes sounds amazing! I will have to try that! Ben sure looks happy doing what he's doing and I don't blame you for being proud. Reminds me of my youngest. He always had an interest in computer technology and photography and now he does both professionally. Hope your week and weekend have been good! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and