Skip to main content

Wednesday in the Life

So my photos for Wednesday are a little bit sparse...

This was another day I didn't manage to get anything from the morning routine.

After the school drop off I sat down on the couch with a cup of coffee, my book, and the Today show for a little breather.


I got dinner started fairly early in the day in since I was doing a slow cooker shredded chicken sandwich. It was a recipe I'd gotten from a friend who calls it Crack Chicken.


I was incredibly exhausted that day, as I tend to be any day, but Shawn took my phone and book away and made me take a nap. It was much needed.

After my nap I got myself ready to go pick up some kids. Wednesdays are early release days for the kids. Ben was home first as the girls had marathon club at their school. I got a text saying there were no swimming lessons this week while I was sitting on the couch, talking to Ben about his day.

Ollie likes to play with these little ball toys that look like pom poms. One of them must have gotten knocked under the couch, because he spent a long time trying to go two-dimensional to get it.


Lena decided to take advantage of his being occupied.


I went to pick up the girls from marathon club and they weren't quite done yet, so I got tot see them all finish for the day.



Usually we'd come home from marathon club and pretty quickly get started getting ready for swim lessons. Swim is typically 30 minutes or so and it's basically lap swimming since they know the strokes now. Their instructor will help them if they are struggling with something but it's mostly just lap swimming practice that are supervised by and instructor.

After swim we have to get Sydney ready for her jazz dance class. I didn't get any pictures of Syd and her jazz class on Wednesday as I got sidetracked talking to another mom the entire time. Her son is friend's with Ben and has been in school with him for a couple of years.

Syd's jazz class is done at 6:30. As a family, we play Pokémon Go. Me and Shawn play it, since Ben got his cell phone last week he's been playing it, my father-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband, brother-in-law and his girlfriend, and our close family friend Terry all play it. The place where my daughter takes dance class is a gym that often does raids, especially on Wednesday nights. Even more than that, in the few blocks around her dance studio, there are several gyms that also do raids. We decided to join a group of people and walk from raid to raid. I love that this game does that for people. It sort of forces you to connect with other people and get out and meet people.

While we were out Pokémon-ing, I noticed this beautiful mural I hadn't seen before. I love that we have so many beautiful art pieces in our town.


We walked around for an hour, hitting Pokéstops, battling in gyms and raids, and catching Pokémon. Shawn and I let the girls take turns on our phones getting to play as well.

When we got home, I jumped into fixing plates for dinner.


Crack chicken sandwiches were so good! I don't know that I'll make them super often as they aren't really healthy, but they are really good.

After dinner, while I was cleaning up a little, Ben practiced his viola and studied a little, preparing for a notes quiz in his orchestra class.


Since we had a late dinner, we sent the kids to bed pretty quickly after dinner, forcing Sydney and Rylie to take showers before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Homemaker Monday

Woke up to a nice cold, fall day this morning. When I did the school run this morning it was a whole 37 degrees.  Brrrrr!!! The weather outside is:::: Very cold mornings causing us to turn our heat on but warm afternoons. Monday  - Sunny, 74 Tuesday  - Partly cloudy, 63 Wednesday  - Sunny, 57 Thursday  - Sunny, 70 Friday  - Sunny, 75 Saturday  - Partly cloudy, 72 Sunday  - Storms, 73 On the breakfast plate this morning:::: Busy day today, so Shawn picked up Starbucks on his way home from the gym. I'm eating a turkey bacon and gouda sandwich and drinking my venti mocha with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice. As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining so bright and it's absolutely gorgeous outside. The leaves are just starting to change. We put up our outside decorations last night for fall and Halloween. It's looks so cute out there. Right now I am:::: Sitting at the counter trying to quickly type up this post and eat my breakfast. As I look around

Potato Soup

During Lent this last spring, I needed a meat free dinner to feed my sister-in-law and her family. Usually my potato soup has lots of bacon and bacon grease in it. I found this recipe here .This one is meatless, but it is important to add that it is NOT dairy free. There are adjustments you can do to make it dairy free though. It’s quick and was really well liked.  Potato Soup 6-8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 yellow onion, diced 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 clove garlic 4 cups vegetable stock 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream or cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Pinch red pepper flakes 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once hot and melted together add the onions and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the potatoes and minced garlic to the pot and continue to sauté all of the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock and increase th

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our Easter included family, yummy food, beautiful weather, and a kickball game. The weather::: Monday  - Cloudy, 74º Tuesday  - PM Showers, 67º Wednesday  - Cloudy, 73º Thursday  - AM Clouds/PM Sun, 80º Friday  - Sunny, 76º Saturday  - PM Thunderstorms, 80º Sunday  - Partly Cloudy, 76º On my reading pile::: Yes Please by Amy Poehler Love Poems for Married People by John Kenney Miracle Creek by Angie Kim A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields The January Children by Safia Elhillo Movies or Shows I watched this weekend::: Last week's Grey's Anatomy, a couple episodes of The Office, and the new Game of Thrones. On my TV this week::: Vlogs Grey's Anatomy Game of Thrones Super Store Good Girls On the menu for this week::: Monday  Easter Leftovers Tuesday  Hamburgers with potatoes, asparagus and corn on the cob Wednesday Ham and cheese sandwiches Thursday Pork Tenderloin with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and